Can you insert a track file into a mission?

muse458

Hi Guys,

not sure if this is possible... if I fly a sortie and then save the track file... is there a way to have that then inserted into a mission and then fly along with my track file? if so ....do the times and dates have to match perfectly?

Ain't it possible to take over an aircraft while watching a track? So you could setup a mission where a lonesome AI aircraft does nothing but wait on the ground. After completing your mission replay the track and immediately take this AI as your controlled aircraft and fly along your 1st one? Just an idea. Never tested it.

This is interesting. So you need to watch your track, then switch to another aircraft that is controllable, take control and hope the original player aircraft doesnt despawn.

I've got very low expectations, but just enough to run off and try it 🙂

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Nah didnt work for me. I can watch the track but if I want to take over another aircraft I have to request take control. When I tried to take control over the second and jump out of the first the first disappeared.
I thought I was smart by editing the trk file and swapping "Player" and "Excellent" for AI to see if the trk file would swap my view point, but it didnt, it assumed control of the original controlled plane and made the second one disappear. When I looked into the trk data I found the instructions were binarised so there was no editing that.

But fwiw I think even if you didnt mean it as such, its a good wishlist item as it would enable you to do a lot of interesting things.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *