IZLAR calculated with wrong altitude

Matti0503

This is something that I discovered while playing around on the NTTR and decided to try if I could repeat it and find out what is causing it.

I believe that I at least have an idea of what is wrong now (Thanks to Swiftwin9s for suggesting this)

What seems to be happening for JDAMs, is that the IRLAR (IN RNG) is calculated with the target height, which makes it accurate to drop bombs from. However the IZLAR (IN ZONE) seems to disregard the target height and only calculate the distance to the TGT at sea level.

I can not possibly imagine this behavior is correct.

I took a little screenshot of the Tacview of the Track that is attached. The bomb labelled "IN ZONE" is the one that I dropped once the IN ZONE indication had appeared on the HUD and the HSI showed me well within the IZLAR. The second bomb, labelled "Counting to IN RNG" was dropped after continuing to count the remaining time to maximum range that was indicated on the HUD and then dropping a bomb. This bomb fell just short of the target by a few hundred feet. The next two bombs were dropped in 5 second intervals from the counted IN RNG bomb and both hit the target.

I have not tested if this also affects JSOWs but it could be worth a shot.IZLAR.png

IZLARbug.trk

Edited by Matti0503
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

Thanks I have asked the team to take a look at this in a report. 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2