Module Delete Does Not Work

Hawkeye_UK

Simple question - why when you uninstall a module and erase it from the ED module manager screen does it not actually delete the large folders within mods/aircraft.

I noted as i tried a free module over the Christmas period and note that despite removing it from the game, the files remain. 

Also i note i've had this before with other modules that i've taken off such as the channel map (poor performance still and because of this it's not been taken up by the MP community so pointless 18Gb having it on the PC).

Can you ensure if you delete a module, it deletes,  please.  Just stands out as bad coding to be honest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Hi Hawkeye. I can't reproduce what you describe. I've uninstalled the Spitfire, Bf-109, Fw-190, P-47, Normandy and Channel modules after the free-to-play period ended, and they've all disappeared from my Mods\ folder. Only the WWII assets folder remains, but it's normal.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 1/12/2021 at 7:25 PM, Hawkeye_UK said:

Simple question - why when you uninstall a module and erase it from the ED module manager screen does it not actually delete the large folders within mods/aircraft.

I noted as i tried a free module over the Christmas period and note that despite removing it from the game, the files remain. 

Also i note i've had this before with other modules that i've taken off such as the channel map (poor performance still and because of this it's not been taken up by the MP community so pointless 18Gb having it on the PC).

Can you ensure if you delete a module, it deletes,  please.  Just stands out as bad coding to be honest.

I also have this problem