Warthog HOTAS mapping

I am in the process of ordering  a WARTHOG HOTAS ( 6 weeks from now, possibly more) and had a thought, can some of the buttons be reprogramed to to do something else? Like the engine switches? 

Also, last stupid question, can I map other planes to it as I feel comfortable? 

An excellent purchase when you do so!  You'll get plenty of enjoyment from it I'm sure.

The simple answer to both your questions is, yes.  

While the buttons and switches tend to stay the same as much as possible for all aircraft I fly (helps to not have to relearn each and every plane), I tend to change those on the base of the throttle to whatever I wish.  "L/G WRN" for example, tends to be Master Caution.  EAC switch tends to be refueling probe for those that have them.  Point being, you're free to make them whatever you wish.  

When you use it with the A-10C (both), the default bindings for the TM WH throttle are spot-on and I have not changed them. But you can of course. For all other aircrafts, you will bind the switches and buttons according to your needs and preferences..

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I'll give one more advice - DCS can't read on-off switches, it needs on-on signals (in most modules, some modules, some switches can work with on-off). To make it work I use great program - RS Mapper. Using it you can bind to on-off switch keyboard key presses on on-action and off-action separately (and much more, including multiple presses, like with eject action).

Edited by Foka

DCS World can certainly read maintained ON/OFF switches. Only on some modules they have omitted the bindings for maintained ON/OFF switches. Like many users, I have added them to "default.lua" myself, so we need no 3rd party software at all.
If he buys the TM Warthog HOTAS he can use the TARGET software to use the ON --> OFF transition as a command. For the A-10C (both versions) he doesn't even need to do that, as the module reads the maintained switches on the TM WH throttle (like Flaps and Autopilot 3-position switches) correctly.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

17 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

DCS World can certainly read maintained ON/OFF switches. Only on some modules they have omitted the bindings for maintained ON/OFF switches. Like many users, I have added them to "default.lua" myself, so we need no 3rd party software at all.
If he buys the TM Warthog HOTAS he can use the TARGET software to use the ON --> OFF transition as a command. For the A-10C (both versions) he doesn't even need to do that, as the module reads the maintained switches on the TM WH throttle (like Flaps and Autopilot 3-position switches) correctly.

And I've appreciated the help you've given me (and others) in regards to mapping some of these.  Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 2 weeks later...