WIP - my box cockpit

amido

That is very cool and practical. Having the MFDs mounted like that is a big step up from having them sitting on a desk (I have yet to mount mine).

I really love the fold-up box cockpits that turn into a bench that looks and functions like professionally built furniture, useful for having the cockpit in a public area of the house when one is married whereas I have always had to hide my PC desk and cockpit seat/throttle console in a room that is out of sight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I need your help.
i'm testing the ufc to see if everything works before finally mounting it, but i'm having trouble with the keys. when you press them some send more impulses at the same time (example: I press n ° 1 and more n ° 1 appear in the display) I also tried to change the button because I thought it was defective but nothing. that it is a problem with the GND line that I connected in sequence between all the buttons?
I thank those who can give me an answer.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:41 AM, amido said:

I need your help.
i'm testing the ufc to see if everything works before finally mounting it, but i'm having trouble with the keys. when you press them some send more impulses at the same time (example: I press n ° 1 and more n ° 1 appear in the display) I also tried to change the button because I thought it was defective but nothing. that it is a problem with the GND line that I connected in sequence between all the buttons?
I thank those who can give me an answer.

The most likely cause is switch bouncing, which is normal for mechanical switches. I do not know DCS BIOS but it is more then likely offering a delay function whereas it does not accept additional "button presses" for a certain amount of time. Set it to 50ms or something and you will be fine.

PC Specs: Win10, 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5CL30@6000Mhz, ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X, 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, LG OLED42C2, Pico 4
Flight Sim Gear: VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip with WarBRD Base and 6cm extension, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC SharKa-50 Collective Grip with Rotor TCS Plus Base, BRD-F1 Rudders(Su-35), 3x8"LCD 1024x768 with TM-MFDs, DIY dashboard with 60 buttons and 8 axis MMJOY2, POV-HAT(no TrackIR)
Aircraft: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, F-5E, Mig-21bis, Mig-15bis, AH-64D, Mi-24P, Mi-8MTV2, Black Shark 2 & 3, Uh-1H, FC3, SpitfireLFMkIX, P-51D, I-16, Mosquito FB VI, Bf109K-4
Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, Channel, Sinai

Tech: WWII Assets Pack, Supercarrier

thanks a lot snaproll, now I have to understand how to modify the .lua file to give the delay to the various inputs. if someone knows how dcs bios works and the lua file makes me a great pleasure because i am not an expert in computer programming.
thank you for your invaluable help

1 hour ago, amido said:

thanks a lot snaproll, now I have to understand how to modify the .lua file to give the delay to the various inputs. if someone knows how dcs bios works and the lua file makes me a great pleasure because i am not an expert in computer programming.
thank you for your invaluable help

I do not know what DCS BIOS can do and how easy it is to handle but I am not sure if this is a bit of an overkill for what you trying to achieve.

If it is only about a simple button box and you have no programming experience, then you might be better off with MMJOY or FreeJoy.

Check this out:

MMJOY:
https://github.com/MMjoy/mmjoy_en/wiki
https://sites.google.com/site/mmjoyproject/fajly-dla-skacivania

FreeJoy:
https://github.com/FreeJoy-Team/FreeJoy

The needed boards you can get very cheap from AliExpress.

PC Specs: Win10, 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5CL30@6000Mhz, ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X, 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, LG OLED42C2, Pico 4
Flight Sim Gear: VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip with WarBRD Base and 6cm extension, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC SharKa-50 Collective Grip with Rotor TCS Plus Base, BRD-F1 Rudders(Su-35), 3x8"LCD 1024x768 with TM-MFDs, DIY dashboard with 60 buttons and 8 axis MMJOY2, POV-HAT(no TrackIR)
Aircraft: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, F-5E, Mig-21bis, Mig-15bis, AH-64D, Mi-24P, Mi-8MTV2, Black Shark 2 & 3, Uh-1H, FC3, SpitfireLFMkIX, P-51D, I-16, Mosquito FB VI, Bf109K-4
Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, Channel, Sinai

Tech: WWII Assets Pack, Supercarrier

• 3 weeks later...

thank you all for the help you have given me to solve the problem.
now everything works perfectly, I only have button n ° 2 which occasionally gives me the ghost signal.
here is the completed ufc. as soon as I can find the way to mill the plexy I make the new front panels, for now I'm happy !!
thanks thanks thanks!!

20210221_194913[1].jpg

20210221_194919[1].jpg

20210221_194929[1].jpg

Short answer? Well - one.

Long answer? One. I2C devices like these share the sck and sda pins ( on a mega d20 and d21) and are distinguished by hardware-set adresses, which you cannot change on these displays. But you can use an I2C-multiplexer for up to 8 devices.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/TCA9548A-I2C-IIC-Multiplexer-Breakout-Board-8-Kanal-ErweiterungsplDC/233803958667

P1040390.JPG

Edited by crash test pilot

Maybe a more easy example would be my A-10 TACAN. It uses a 1.3 OLED with a SH1106 chip instead of the SSD1306 chip of the 0.91 OLED. The if-clause was needed because the fuel display output of DCS-BIOS was meant for a servo and ranges from 0 to 65535  whereas i wanted to display numbers 0 -9 and needed to prevent a massive flickering.

r8.ino

Goddamn, how do i post code?

On 1/13/2021 at 8:13 PM, streakeagle said:

That is very cool and practical. Having the MFDs mounted like that is a big step up from having them sitting on a desk (I have yet to mount mine).

I really love the fold-up box cockpits that turn into a bench that looks and functions like professionally built furniture, useful for having the cockpit in a public area of the house when one is married whereas I have always had to hide my PC desk and cockpit seat/throttle console in a room that is out of sight.

Stole this idea off of the web.

1E23DAA8-CCE9-4187-A9F4-62A04D2F4FE3.jpeg

9DC93DB3-2A9D-40D0-A29A-A15282EF5874.jpeg

B44CC373-3D79-4A11-8010-0E276B41D879.jpeg

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

• 2 weeks later...
i have tried several times but arduino always gives me error. which libraries should I enter? how is the code written to read more oled? thanks for anyone who can answer

Edited by amido

• 11 months later...