TrackHat still operating? 2017 = great!, 2020 = seeking PayPal refund as no contact from seller

Is TrackHat still operating?
https://www.trackhat.org/trackhat-clip-plus

I purchased a version #1 of the TrackHat Clip Plus in 2017.  I received shipping information 2 days after and the product not long after that.

As I have been playing a lot of DCS lately, I thought it would be better to order a second so that I can alternate charging.  The version #2 also seemed promising in that it had a smaller design and better battery capacity.

Placed order in Dec 2020.  I never received shipping information nor was my online profile on the website updated with the order.  Sent my first email at the end of Dec 2020 requesting order update.  No response.  Sent a second email in Jan 2021 again requesting order update and stated that if I received no response I would be seeking a refund through PayPal dispute resolution, which I sadly had to initiate today.

UPDATE 24/01/21: Full refund through PayPal dispute resolution after no response from TrackHat.

Edited by mad rabbit
update on refund

2nd edit: I just went to the site and attempted a purchase to see if things were still running (hint: this is a good way to check companies if you're unsure - without, of course, buying anything) and got this:

Please be aware that due to high demand, and complications stemming fromthe new UK Covid-19 lockdown, we currently have a delay in place on all orders for 3-5 additional weeks. Thanks for your patience!

So you might like to try again or wait a bit.

Edited by Johnny Dioxin (Brixmis)
update

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Oh of course the site is running. otherwise I would not have been able to place the initial order that I'm now disputing. 

However with no updates on the order for a month despite 2 attempts to contact them, nor updating of my online profile with said order, the "website being up" in my opinion is not clear indication that my order is being processed, let alone that the company (most likely 1 guy + 3D printer) is even  operating.

2 hours ago, mad rabbit said:

Oh of course the site is running. otherwise I would not have been able to place the initial order that I'm now disputing. 

However with no updates on the order for a month despite 2 attempts to contact them, nor updating of my online profile with said order, the "website being up" in my opinion is not clear indication that my order is being processed, let alone that the company (most likely 1 guy + 3D printer) is even  operating.

is there a discord channel ??

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

7 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

is there a discord channel ??

Sadly I don't think so, unlike MilesD and the PointCTRL devices (which I'm definitely getting next once he's finished V2).

Even if TrackHat did have a Discord, I would hope that 2 x emails directly from a customer, in addition to an email from PayPal dispute resolution, would be a more professional form of contact than a game-centric chat program.

Edited by mad rabbit

• 2 weeks later...