New VORs in the north-east Ukraine? Size of the Map extended?

VTJS17_Fire

First of all, I didn't flew the last 4 years, so maybe my perspektive is another as for the ones of you, who lived with every update. For myself, it's like to see anyone, who I saw not for years and he lost some 20 Kilogramm for example. 😅 (best comparison I know)

I looked at the Black Sea Map (and IMO it should called Blacksea map, not Caucasus anymore, beacuse of the whole region) and was stunned at the map size, it get in the last years. I already flew LOMAC and Flaming Cliffs, so I know the old Caucasus map, with the Krim peninsula.

Now, the map is whole 815 NM x 460 NM (or 1.500 Km x 850 Km) large, inluding a larger part of northern Turkey, as in the past. They already include the Bosporus, the way to the Mediterranean Sea. And I see a lot of VORs in the Ukraine, I don't remember in the DCS 1.5 version some years ago.

Did you notice these things, too?

Btw: 2 maps more in the region (North Aegean Islands/Marmara Sea and Desert Storm aka Iraq/Kuweit/Northern Saudi Arabia) and we had a gigantic map with multiple real conflicts from the past 40 years or so. IMO a good starting point, for a global map. The not details areas without individual maps could be covered my low-res terrain-mesh (or only flat terrain) and low-res textures.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Starting in 2018 enter the DCS 2.5 with multiple maps tech - the other map being NTTR. It also came with massive Caucasus map rework. Crimea from LOMAC is long gone. Now it's empty. What is represented in high fidelity is almost all Georgia (lacking far east) and part of Russia. Everything other is an empty flat land and shorelines around the sea. Thus it really is Caucasus terrain and it's considered 500x500km.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria