[How to] Multi monitor MFCD display export set-up guide - July 2023 (updated)

jonsky7

39 minutes ago, Red_Pilot said:

Does anyone know if there is a "MFCD" for MiG 21? Can we see radar screen in the "MPCD" area? 

Yes, it should export to either "RP22" or "RIGHT_MFCD"

So if you make an config entry called RP22, it will go there, otherwise you can have it export to RIGHT_MFCD.

Looks a bit dark though, I don't know how to turn it on, just downloaded the trial version to check it.

• Thanks 1

Yes, thank you so much, RIGHT_MFCD is working! Lol I couldn't see the radar at first because it turned out to be much darker on my monitor than the red field on the radar screen in the game, so it seemed to me that the image just wasn't exported until I turned on the RADAR BEAM mode

Edited by Red_Pilot

So not to appear ungrateful or anything BUT…

I can’t help myself, being a perfectionnist…

My triple 4k +3 MFDs lua file works great except for distortion on the side screens (left screen appears leaning left, right screen leaning right).. On the ground or leveled flights it looks like the nose is pointing up if i look at the sides.

Is there a way to correct for that? I tried to play with viewdx viewdy, but doesn’t not seem it’s the right lever..

Also I tried to place all my TVs into a single giant viewport (center) but when I do that i keep losing the right screen (which is what i was struggling with initially). Looks like this might be a DCS bug?

On a different topic, my stick suddently stopped working..  Hugh! 

5 hours ago, NoLegalMoves said:

So not to appear ungrateful or anything BUT…

I can’t help myself, being a perfectionnist…

My triple 4k +3 MFDs lua file works great except for distortion on the side screens (left screen appears leaning left, right screen leaning right).. On the ground or leveled flights it looks like the nose is pointing up if i look at the sides.

Is there a way to correct for that? I tried to play with viewdx viewdy, but doesn’t not seem it’s the right lever..

Also I tried to place all my TVs into a single giant viewport (center) but when I do that i keep losing the right screen (which is what i was struggling with initially). Looks like this might be a DCS bug?

On a different topic, my stick suddently stopped working..  Hugh! 

I haven't tried a setup like yours so in all honesty, I just don't know. 

I did a quick search to see if there was a missing "rotate dx" or something but nothing looked particularly obvious.

Only other thing I could suggest is altering your "head position". A simple test could be achieved by using the seat height adjustment in the jet.

If it looks like that would improve the situation there is a way to "make yourself taller/shorter and save that as the default view.

Also, The standard default view set by DCS is slightly downward looking, you can check this by zooming all the way in, you will see that it zooms into the instrument panel, and not through the centre of the HUD. For single screen this is understandable as it will include some instruments. So changing the default to be straight ahead might give you the result you're after.

I think you have to disable track ir, if used, press numpad 5 to select centre view, then use the numpad keys to alter view, and then RCTRL+NUMPAD 0 saves the view.

As for your stick not working. DCS uses specific hardware IDs to assign buttons, and if you unplug usb cables and plug them back in, the hardware ID can change as thus lose the bindings etc.

You can load them back in through the controls options screen. Select the column for your stick, then press the load profile button. Navigate to aircraft folder in your saved games, config, input, and load the profile for the correct device.

Thanks, i’ll give it a go this weekend (about pilot seat height). The stick, i m afraid is a more, well sticky issue.. The buttons won’t even show as depressed in the windows controller settings whereas I have the main axis working.. I wrote a ticket to vkb but bizarrely they’ve ignored it so far (3 days). I think I’ll take it appart this weekend and clean the contacts as I’ve seen it suggested elsewhere. There’s always something with this many pieces of hardware, i guess.

4 hours ago, NoLegalMoves said:

Thanks, i’ll give it a go this weekend (about pilot seat height). The stick, i m afraid is a more, well sticky issue.. The buttons won’t even show as depressed in the windows controller settings whereas I have the main axis working.. I wrote a ticket to vkb but bizarrely they’ve ignored it so far (3 days). I think I’ll take it appart this weekend and clean the contacts as I’ve seen it suggested elsewhere. There’s always something with this many pieces of hardware, i guess.

VKB, you didn't say which one so if it's a gunfighter, it could be it has just lost its calibration settings which could be fixed through their software.

It could be the joystick to base contacts, or just the clamp has become loose.

Or the wire inside that goes from the board to the base connection has come loose at the board. The wires used are very thin and I've had to replace 2 of mine. Though I think it was the x axis ones on mine.