viocom config window not showing

colinwilloughby

When voice Attack has initialized, pressing LCtrl+LAlt+C for config does not bring up viocom config window to my desktop. A blank view of it can be seen in my task bar. This has happened a number of times and the only I can fix it is by re-installing but this does not last, after a few loads it fails to show again.

Appreciate any Help

When voice Attack has initialized, pressing LCtrl+LAlt+C for config does not bring up viocom config window to my desktop. A blank view of it can be seen in my task bar. This has happened a number of times and the only I can fix it is by re-installing but this does not last, after a few loads it fails to show again.
Appreciate any Help
Do you have any kind of multi-monitor setup?

Are you running VA as an administrator?

Do you run any AV software?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Your symptoms sound similar to issues others have had. The attached post is how someone else resolved it so don't know if this will help you (I know you have reinstalled)

https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php?/topic/168657-VAICOM-PRO-plugin-for-VoiceAttack#entry4538192

Are you running any Vaicom extensions?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi,

Guess you are running VoiceAttack on your 2nd monitor? There is indeed a very irritating issue that it the does not open secondary windows like the one from VAICOM PRO correctly in that case.

Ways to workaround it:
* Open/move VoiceAttack to your primary monitor and then press the lctrl-lalt-c combination (and if you want it on another monitor move it after it is opened) (note this does not work if config window was opened on 2ndery monitor before, than that location was stored)

* If you opened the config window but it does not show:

- click the VoiceCommand icon in your Windows task bar

- notice there is now also a "VAICOMPRO for DCS world" line

- right click that line a menu appears

- in that menu left click "move"

- now press the left arrow key on your keyboard

- config window can now be moved while moving your mouse and left click will drop it there

- note: if dropped on the 2ndary monitor next time you have to go through this again, if you move it to the 1st monitor the location will be remebered and next time it will open there and show (but that is perhaps not what you want 😉 )

Best, Marcel

Edited by huppel
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/22/2021 at 10:16 PM, huppel said:

Hi,

Guess you are running VoiceAttack on your 2nd monitor? There is indeed a very irritating issue that it the does not open secondary windows like the one from VAICOM PRO correctly in that case.

Ways to workaround it:
* Open/move VoiceAttack to your primary monitor and then press the lctrl-lalt-c combination (and if you want it on another monitor move it after it is opened) (note this does not work if config window was opened on 2ndery monitor before, than that location was stored)

- config window can now be moved while moving your mouse and left click will drop it there

- note: if dropped on the 2ndary monitor next time you have to go through this again, if you move it to the 1st monitor the location will be remebered and next time it will open there and show (but that is perhaps not what you want 😉 )

Best, Marcel

This solve my issue. Thank you!!

i9 9900K | GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | M2 SSD 512 | SSD 1T | 2x HDD 2T | TM Warthog Stick & Throttle | TM TPR | TM MFD | TrackIR 5 Pro | Rift S

• 9 months later...
On 1/22/2021 at 7:16 PM, huppel said:

Hi,

Ways to workaround it:

Best, Marcel

Many thanks huppel I too had this issue and the above was how to resolve it.