AGM-65 Maverick training mission stuck at MAV page

Zaneboy

In the beginning of the training mission you're asked to press OSB 14 on the right MFCD to open the MAV page after turning on the EO power. Apparently this has been moved to the left MFCD (where it's visible and accessible) but because of this, the tutorial won't continue even after pressing the spacebar key multiple times. Pressing OSB14 on the right MFCD also does not continue the training.

• ED Team

Hi, this is fixed internally and will be in a future patch.

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 1/13/2021 at 12:26 PM, Zaneboy said:

In the beginning of the training mission you're asked to press OSB 14 on the right MFCD to open the MAV page after turning on the EO power. Apparently this has been moved to the left MFCD (where it's visible and accessible) but because of this, the tutorial won't continue even after pressing the spacebar key multiple times. Pressing OSB14 on the right MFCD also does not continue the training.

Until their "internally fixed" version comes out to the public:

You can press and hold OSB 14, select MAV from the DTS, then press OSB 14 again.

This will now place the MAV screen on the right MFD and you can continue with the training mission (to get yourself practice/training).

This is also a good thing to know, being able to place different sensor displays on different screens (in the case of a fault or damage, etc etc).

Cheers and happy hunting,

Ziptie

• Like 2

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

13 hours ago, Ziptie said:

Until their "internally fixed" version comes out to the public:

You can press and hold OSB 14, select MAV from the DTS, then press OSB 14 again.

This will now place the MAV screen on the right MFD and you can continue with the training mission (to get yourself practice/training).

This is also a good thing to know, being able to place different sensor displays on different screens (in the case of a fault or damage, etc etc).

Cheers and happy hunting,

Ziptie

Thanks for the tip, much appreciated.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hoping someone sees this soon and can help. Having been away from DCS for a couple of years I too need to refresh with tutorials. And I too am stuck at this point. I have tried Zipties suggestions and have been successful twice after much button mashing at swapping the MFDs. Just came back from a third try and no joy. It is mapped to coolie as a long press and it does bring up twin displays, both left and right. but subsequent presses don't swap it. For the life of me I don't know how I got it to work those two time but I was following Zips instruction. But button mashing does not bring up a twin. I really need to follow thru with the training exercise so I hope someone can help. My game is up to date. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MoToad said:

Hoping someone sees this soon and can help. Having been away from DCS for a couple of years I too need to refresh with tutorials. And I too am stuck at this point. I have tried Zipties suggestions and have been successful twice after much button mashing at swapping the MFDs. Just came back from a third try and no joy. It is mapped to coolie as a long press and it does bring up twin displays, both left and right. but subsequent presses don't swap it. For the life of me I don't know how I got it to work those two time but I was following Zips instruction. But button mashing does not bring up a twin. I really need to follow thru with the training exercise so I hope someone can help. My game is up to date. 

If you are looking to display the DSMS on both pages, it's coolie switch aft (down) long .  If you are talking about the command to 'swap' the displays, yes that is indeed gone - but I don't recall actually needing to do the latter in the Maverick training mission....

Glad the 'work around' was able to get you past that point.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

On 2/17/2021 at 11:02 AM, MoToad said:

The training stops because the original is done on the right Display. So the button is highlighted waiting for my input. Clicking on the left display won't allow the next step. So, you have to swap.

This gets you through the training.  Just follow the steps.  It's also good training, for if you have one of the MFDs fail in flight - so you can still display the desired sensor(s).

Did my best to make it exceptionally easy to read and follow.... Seems to have helped others - and I tested myself, gets you all the way through the training mission.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie
  • Like 1

And as I stated in a previous post (as has ED in their official post) - there is no longer a "swap" function of the MFDs, you you just simply need to have the MAV screen displayed on the right MFD.  Probably easier to place the TGP on the left MFD for this training mission as well - so you can view both (if desired) without switching between the two, on the same MFD.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, DimSim said:

This is still not fixed in the Open Beta at time of writing.  Got stuck today playing Mav tutorial for the first time.

You cannot get "stuck" - if you follow my advice above.  The training mission isn't "as intended" with the changes to HOTAS commands, but you can still complete it, just see:

Literally a handful of posts from above......

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ziptie said:

You cannot get "stuck" - if you follow my advice above.

Thanks, I did get unstuck from following your advice.

I was confused for a while thinking I had to click Mav on left MFD, while I only needed to use the right MFD to swap the displays and continue the tutorial.

Another later point of confusion for players is when asked to mark a point.  If the HUD point is closer to horizon, it won't mark. AFTER successfully marking a nearer point, the next tutorial text message tells the player that distant points can't be marked!

27 minutes ago, DimSim said:

Another later point of confusion for players is when asked to mark a point.  If the HUD point is closer to horizon, it won't mark. AFTER successfully marking a nearer point, the next tutorial text message tells the player that distant points can't be marked!

Eh?  I'm not tracking with that.....

Are you talking about creating a mark point?

Glad you were able to get past the "hang up point" until they sort out their training mission change(s).

Cheers,

Ziptie

48 minutes ago, Ziptie said:

Are you talking about creating a mark point?

Yes. There's another forum thread with people stuck there also.

The tutorial requires the user to successfully create a mark point THEN explains the circumstances where it will or won't work.

Since the tutorial does not know exactly where the aircraft and HUD are facing when asked to create the point in the HUD tutorial indicator, it can be in an invalid position, causing confusion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DimSim said:

Yes. There's another forum thread with people stuck there also.

The tutorial requires the user to successfully create a mark point THEN explains the circumstances where it will or won't work.

Since the tutorial does not know exactly where the aircraft and HUD are facing when asked to create the point in the HUD tutorial indicator, it can be in an invalid position, causing confusion.

Ah.  Think I created a mark point via the HMCS at that point - but don't recall.  Last time I tried the mission, was when I created the message in this thread giving the step(s) to get past where people were getting stuck initially.  The next time I am able to fly, I'll give this mission a quick go again and see if I can provide any additional help/guidance for the issue you are disclosing.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DimSim said:

I think this was the thread and post that helped with the HUD marker or SPI:

Oh, well if you sorted it out then I won't bother running the mission again.  I just briefly scanned the link you attached - and for sure, if range is too far out when trying to created a SPI via HUD, it is invalid.  When slewing the TDC with HUD SOI, you can tell if the computer is able to compute a slant range, as it will have an 'x' inside mark or not.  If there is an 'x' in the middle, it is an invalid computation.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/13/2021 at 9:26 PM, Zaneboy said:

GOTO: manual, page 258 about swapping OSB functions. (hold OSB for a couple of secs, program page pops up, swap function to mav, done)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This is not working for me, either. But I'm not sure I'm understanding the direction for the workaround.

"You can press and hold OSB 14, select MAV from the DTS, then press OSB 14 again."

Is this on the left or the right MFD? Is this before or after I've changed EO to "on" from the DSMS MSL screen?

"This will now place the MAV screen on the right MFD and you can continue with the training mission (to get yourself practice/training)."

From this, I assume I did the first part on the right MFD, but it doesn't seem to change a thing. It seems to still be waiting for me to hit OSB4.

--

EDIT: Rereading this thread, and I'm not sure I'm talking about the same thing. In my tutorial, it asks me to select DSMS on the left MFD, then MSL, then turn EO On via OSB-4.

When I do this, a timer starts at the bottom, and just keeps going and going and going... 

I can put the MAV on the right MFD, and verify that alignment completes. But the tutorial text never moves past the step telling me to engage EO Power On, so I have no idea what to do next.

Edited by FredOfMBOX
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 9:31 PM, FredOfMBOX said:

This is not working for me, either. But I'm not sure I'm understanding the direction for the workaround.

I can put the MAV on the right MFD, and verify that alignment completes. But the tutorial text never moves past the step telling me to engage EO Power On, so I have no idea what to do next.

This is the same error I am getting too. Latest open beta.