Roadmap of Reflected Simulations for 2021

YoYo

Is it possible to have roadmap of campaigns from Reflected Simulations? :thumbsup:

I think it might be interesting for users if its possible and decisions are not very spontaneous. You are the main campaign maker for WW2 theatre so why not?

As I know, now on Your desk:

• Zone 5 - payware campaign for F-14A (January perhaps)
  • Wolfpack - payware campaign for P-47D (February perhaps)

but what next?

Maybe something for FW-190D-9 (till now no any payware campaing and You have campaignes for WW2: Bf, Spit, P-51), after this maybe for Mosquito (April/May)? Just ideas. :notworthy:

Near every module currently comes out without a campaign basically, which is a terrible idea for me, I like SP a lot still.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hey YoYo,

Thanks for the trust 🙂

I can't really promise any 'roadmap' as release dates are really up to ED at the end of the day. With this in mind:

Zone 5 F-14A campaign already submitted, hopefully coming in January, but it's just that, my hope. It's out of my control.

Wolfpack P-47 campaign already submitted, hopefully coming in February, and only if Zone 5 makes it into the January update. So basically after Zone 5. 

Should those get released fine, I'll submit my 'Fear the Bones!' F-14 campaign that I've been working on for over a year.  Now it's 99% finished, just waiting for a dozen more voice overs. It's not as hardcore as 'Zone 5', it's more story driven and 'fun'.

I've already done my research and planning for a Mosquito campaign, but hey, we need a Mosquito for that, a fully functioning one. So I have no idea when that campaign can materialize. Keep in mind that building such a campaign takes at least 4-5 months, sometimes a lot more.

I know the F4U is coming, and as Magnitude announced I'm the one making the single, quick and training missions that are coming with the module. I'll definitely make a campaign too, but we need a map for that. ED promised the modern Marianas map later this year, not sure when the WWII version will follow. As soon as we have a WWII Pacific map I'll start working on it.

Also, Bio and I talked about a possible sequel to 'Zone 5', but it's nothing but an idea so far. We'll wait and see how 'Zone 5' is received, how much free time we both have, etc...

Those are my plans basically, with full transparency.

I hope this answered your question 🙂

Edited by Reflected
  • Like 8

26 minutes ago, Reflected said:

I know the F4U is coming, and as Magnitude announced I'm the one making the single, quick and training missions that are coming with the module.

👍 Didnt knew that fact. Looking forward to that bird and your missions  🙂

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, Reflected said:

I've already done my research and planning for a Mosquito campaign, but hey, we need a Mosquito for that, a fully functioning one. So I have no idea when that campaign can materialize. Keep in mind that building such a campaign takes at least 4-5 months, sometimes a lot more.

This sounds good, look forward to hearing more on this.

What map are you planning on using? (The Channel hopefully)

Nice list Reflected....

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Thx for good info! For me P-47 and for Mosquito will be the first day of purchase :). You can think also about "fast line" idea too. So something like full campaing what we have now (with additional speeches ect - like full module of DCS), and a little cheaper short version of campaings for missing modules (like FC module ;), without skins, speeches ect, just missions with story) like for example for this FW-190 D-9 - even Yak-52, I-16 🙂 ect, I think this version could be done faster and you could make more of them for more users, few interesting modules incoming too in this year). Idea only. Have a good day!

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Good idea YoYo, but to be honest, I'm too much of a perfectionist. If I'm doing something, I want to do it the best possible way 🙂 

That's exactly why I keep updating my older campaigns too as I learn new stuff. I want them to be the best version they can be. This is why I would not release half-baked campaigns that are shorter, without voiceovers, etc...

• Like 2

Frankly if someone wants a shorter campaign w/o voiceover, there are usually nice ones as freeware, or even dynamic ones incl. Liberation. The great thing about your work @Reflected, and similar DLC campaign creators, is the immersion, the research, the highly detailed briefings... I am happy to hear you are keeping true to this. Many people make "average/good" campaigns, but only a few make really excellent ones. Keep it up and thank you for sharing your plans for 2021, keeping in mind that plans change.

I'm also super excited that you have the F4U in your radar, I am eagerly awaiting this bird.

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 2

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

2 hours ago, Qiou87 said:

Frankly if someone wants a shorter campaign w/o voiceover, there are usually nice ones as freeware, or even dynamic....

For sure we have (and I use it sometimes) but .... you have right and havent. Many of those free campaignes arent updated from long time and now they are useless. However, usually when you pay, you have a guarantee that the author will do patches ect. This is the fundamental difference. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Reflected said:

Good idea YoYo, but to be honest...

No problem, it was an idea only ;).

Btw. see this - new kind of missions incoming 

🙂

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Some are good ideas for Mosquitos e.g.: 

• Photographic Reconnaissance .

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

For sure we have (and I use it sometimes) but .... you have right and havent. Many of those free campaignes arent updated from long time and now they are useless. However, usually when you pay, you have a guarantee that the author will do patches ect. This is the fundamental difference. :thumbup:

You are absolutely right. When I started DCS, I thought these DLC campaigns were a bit pointless, since so many great people were doing free stuff already. Then I tried a campaign by @baltic_dragon, for the M2000C, and I understood that there was another level of quality and that this additional level, and indeed the "aftersales" service like frequent updates and compatibility checks, deserved to be paid for. I have happily bought many DLC campaigns since then.

Refering to the newsletter: better single player content for WWII in DCS will never be lost ; if the game and its WWII component feels more "fleshed out", people will recommend it more, more players will get into it... And this finally brings more customers for DLC high quality campaigns, so creators get incentivized to create even more. In the end we all win.

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 2

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

• 2 weeks later...

How about some variant on this one for the Mosquito?

https://www.airspacemag.com/military-aviation/world-war-iis-strangest-bombing-mission-180974470/

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

and This it could be nice idea for one mission too (if Amiens prison will be be added): 

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• 5 months later...

To be completely transparent, here's an important update to the roadmap. It's a campaign I've been wanting to make for a very long time, having read at least half a dozen memoirs written by helicopter pilots who flew slicks and gunships in Vietnam.

Because we do not have a Vietnam map and I haven't heard of such plans, I'm going to be using the new Marianas map in a fictional conflict that is a lot like the Vietnam war. Stay tuned for more info later.

Progress is surprisingly fast so far, because I have done so much research, I didn't have to try hard to come up with interesting ideas. All missions will be based on real life.

Screen_210530_205013.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

That is truly amazing news. Small islands seem to fit a slow helo like the UH-1H quite well. Looking forward to playing that campaign!

• Like 2

After this Mi-24P Syrian campaign :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2021 at 12:48 PM, Reflected said:

To be completely transparent, here's an important update to the roadmap. It's a campaign I've been wanting to make for a very long time, having read at least half a dozen memoirs written by helicopter pilots who flew slicks and gunships in Vietnam.

Because we do not have a Vietnam map and I haven't heard of such plans, I'm going to be using the new Marianas map in a fictional conflict that is a lot like the Vietnam war. Stay tuned for more info later.

Progress is surprisingly fast so far, because I have done so much research, I didn't have to try hard to come up with interesting ideas. All missions will be based on real life.

Screen_210530_205013.png

Do we have a ETA for this one??

• Like 2

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!