Roadmap of Reflected Simulations for 2021

YoYo

2 minutes ago, Jtizo said:

I Maybe a training module that actually teaches fundamentals like the types of formations, rejoins and maneuvering in close proximity to other aircraft would add to the realism of a military based campaign.  

Then you'll love my new Tomcat campaign I'm working on with Paco. A hard-core RAG campaign with a lot of what you described. Different formations, changing formations, turns, rendez-vous, etc...at least that's part of it.

I also enjoy flying as a wingman, staying in formation keeps me busy and entertained. But...the DCS AI flies pretty erratically. The way they turn, climb, descend, etc...is hard coded in the AI, and they're often not easy to follow and I get some player complaints.

I would recommend Wolfpack, where you start as a No.4 in the formation and only lead a flight near the end. My upcoming Spitfire campaign will be like that too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Reflected said:

...But...the DCS AI flies pretty erratically. The way they turn, climb, descend, etc...is hard coded in the AI, and they're often not easy to follow and I get some player complaints...

Yes, this part is particularly worrisome. Trying to formation-fly with (or even just follow) the AI can be supremely frustrating bordering on pointless.

5 hours ago, Reflected said:

..My upcoming Spitfire campaign...

Pardonwhatnow?

• Like 2

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

7 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Yes, this part is particularly worrisome. Trying to formation-fly with (or even just follow) the AI can be supremely frustrating bordering on pointless.

According to the latest AI video from ED should make the experience a lot better. 😊 

Are you referring to this video ? That looks indeed very promising ! And I love to fly formation too, as a wingman. Looking forward to more realistic motion from the lead.

Alright, @Reflected , just how many new campaigns do you have incoming ? Mosquito I know of but you also speak of F14 again (is that the sequel to Zone 5 you mentioned earlier ? ) and now ... Spitfire ? That all sounds awesome !

• Like 2

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Reflected:

Then you'll love my new Tomcat campaign I'm working on with Paco. A hard-core RAG campaign with a lot of what you described. Different formations, changing formations, turns, rendez-vous, etc...at least that's part of it.

I also enjoy flying as a wingman, staying in formation keeps me busy and entertained. But...the DCS AI flies pretty erratically. The way they turn, climb, descend, etc...is hard coded in the AI, and they're often not easy to follow and I get some player complaints.

I would recommend Wolfpack, where you start as a No.4 in the formation and only lead a flight near the end. My upcoming Spitfire campaign will be like that too.

Hi,

What does the abbreviation RAG stand for? 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

26 minutes ago, kotor633 said:

Hi,

What does the abbreviation RAG stand for? 

Replacement Air Group. Old naming (like CAG for the air wing commander) for the Fleet Replacement Squadron, back when an Air Wing was called an Air Group. It's the final training for the naval aviators, before they join the Fleet proper.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb BuzzLine:

Replacement Air Group. Old naming (like CAG for the air wing commander) for the Fleet Replacement Squadron, back when an Air Wing was called an Air Group. It's the final training for the naval aviators, before they join the Fleet proper.

👌

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

It's VFA-122 for Hornets, and VFA-125 for F-35's at Lemoore. VAQ-129 For Growlers at Whidbey Is. Some Khaki is always trying to re-name something so he can leave his mark, and say he did "this" during his time. I always believed if it's not broken, it doesn't need fixing. AIMD where I worked was Aircraft Intermediate Maintenance Department, now they call it FRC, Fleet Readiness Center......... for what? at least with AIMD I knew it was Aviation related.

Hoss

• Like 1

Sempre Fortis

8 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

It's VFA-122 for Hornets, and VFA-125 for F-35's at Lemoore. VAQ-129 For Growlers at Whidbey Is. Some Khaki is always trying to re-name something so he can leave his mark, and say he did "this" during his time. I always believed if it's not broken, it doesn't need fixing. AIMD where I worked was Aircraft Intermediate Maintenance Department, now they call it FRC, Fleet Readiness Center......... for what? at least with AIMD I knew it was Aviation related.

Hoss

You probably know that it's the same in the corporate world. Everytime we have a new head of Marketing, we start a poll to guess the date when we have a new logo. Closest wins the pot. 😄 😄 😄  

• 8 months later...

One of the things I loved so much about Paradise Lost was how personal and in the mud you fealt with the combat moments.

It got me thinking about all the support aircraft in the vietnam war (fixed wing) and although I realize we don't have any official modules for DCS that fit this category, I stumbled across the Bronco recently and was thinking, wow, this would be the perfect aircraft for a paradise lost style campaign. Support roles, close and dirty, flying low and listening to transmissions on the ground and responding to ground requests for support.

Anyway, I know this opens up a whole can of worms from people who think its strange to offer a paid campaign for a free module but from a business perspective wonder if it might be an opportunity to introduce people to reflected simulations that might not otherwise understand how good well written campaigns really are.

You may even be able to have missions 1-3 free with 4-14 etc... paid as a continuation of the campaign.

I also realize there may be other roadblocks with this and ED, but I figured I'd just throw it out there.

I own all the modules and have no expectations from developers or have any problem paying for quality work. I'm a developer myself (manufacturing software, not games) and understand the work that goes into this. My extent of DCS work is a steam deck profile for the F-14 that has moving guages etc... Had 100's of hours into this with zero return. Really hope your are doing well with your campaigns and wish you all the success. I bought all your campaigns if for no other reason to support your development of future ones. So far I've only played BNBOB and paradise lost of yours but look forward to my next adventure. Now I just need to decide if I'm flying a WWII bird or F-86 next.

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

Hey @trevoC thanks a lot for the support, I appreciate it.

I'm not allowed to use any unofficial modules unfortunately - there's no guarantee they would be maintained and updated to keep working with newer versions of DCS.

Then again, the Skyraider was just announced recently and that could be another interesting campaign 🙂

• Like 1

I'm not allowed to use any unofficial modules unfortunately - there's no guarantee they would be maintained and updated to keep working with newer versions of DCS.
Then again, the Skyraider was just announced recently and that could be another interesting campaign
Yes, please!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Reflected said:

Then again, the Skyraider was just announced recently and that could be another interesting campaign 🙂

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

forgot about the skyraider announcement.... perfect. Just envision a paradise lost style campaign with a fixed wing instead of all the BVR stuff. I love the in your face or as I remember from one of your videos, seeing the terror in the squirrels eyes kind of stuff.

• Like 1

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS