Please include the B-61

GGTharos

That Other Simulator had a mod nuke option that I fiddled with years ago and once they detonated you could get up, make a sandwich and grab a beer because it was going to be a while as it computed everything that got damaged. Of course that was like 15 years ago.

Besides that, the nuclear delivery subsystems on the aircraft are super crazy classified and I doubt it's something that every pilot gets training on versus a select few hand-picked for nuclear delivery duty.

• Like 3

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

This is something I very much wish for too. 
ED has said nukes weren't something they wanted to add to DCS and I suspect it has to do with political or publicity reasons. 
In any case, the b61 seems to be pretty much a standard weapon for the f15e.
On the same topic I heard f/a-18's and f16's could carry nukes (the f16c has a nuclear consent panel even). Can anyone specify if those planes we have in DCS could or even did carry atomic bombs ? I would love to see realistic nuclear scenarios in DCS.
Hornet's nuclear consent switch is on the side wall in the aft left side of the cockpit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This topic is going nowhere. ED are in charge of weapons that get added to the core sim, they have said no nukes. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

• Like 5

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

21 minutes ago, Deano87 said:

This topic is going nowhere. ED are in charge of weapons that get added to the core sim, they have said no nukes. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

One would think, and yet.... people argue over the validity of nuclear weapons. Especially when the companies that make the aircraft, as well as the real world operators all have a single, two-letter word for those wanting to add nukes to DCS aircraft: NO

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

"Everything is subject to change"

Tell ya what, you go ahead and make a working nuke for DCS that doesn't break the servers, and works exactly how the real thing does, and see how well that holds up when some people in black suits show up to your door wondering where you got the information to simulate the thing. ED may be willing to change their stances on certain items, but governments are slow AF to change their laws, and the companies that build these things also have rules which must be followed by ED and the 3PDs if they wish to maintain the licenses. I'm fairly certain that Boeing, Lockheed, N/G, and every other aircraft manufacturer have access to a much better group of lawyers than ED or a 3rd party dev could even dream of having.

@NineLine or @BIGNEWY please close this thread. We all know EDs official stance on nukes, but people won't stop bringing it up.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

Tell ya what, you go ahead and make a working nuke for DCS that doesn't break the servers,

Tell ya what, sit on your hands before typing.  I don't care about your servers, nor do I need to code up anything that works like anything.  If that's your attitude, apply it to yourself and never, ever post a wish list item for anything.

But, if ED wanted to give me a go at coding that up I'd do it anyway, it's not like it's something insurmountable and yep, I'm up for it.

and see how well that holds up when some people in black suits show up

Literally no one will show up, stop making things up.   Everything that's needed for a simulation of it is available publicly.  And even if they wanted to do a courtesy call that's fine, they'd walk away empty-handed.  My guess is they wouldn't waste their time, not to mention that this wouldn't be the first nor the last simulation of such a thing.

ED may be willing to change their stances on certain items,

Do you speak for ED now?  If you don't like that the thread is going on, stop posting in it and unsubscribe from it instead of whining and asking moderators to shut it down because of your personal opposition to it.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

22 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

Tell ya what, sit on your hands before typing.  I don't care about your servers, nor do I need to code up anything that works like anything.  If that's your attitude, apply it to yourself and never, ever post a wish list item for anything.

But, if ED wanted to give me a go at coding that up I'd do it anyway, it's not like it's something insurmountable and yep, I'm up for it.

Literally no one will show up, stop making things up.   Everything that's needed for a simulation of it is available publicly.  And even if they wanted to do a courtesy call that's fine, they'd walk away empty-handed.  My guess is they wouldn't waste their time, not to mention that this wouldn't be the first nor the last simulation of such a thing.

Do you speak for ED now?  If you don't like that the thread is going on, stop posting in it and unsubscribe from it instead of whining and asking moderators to shut it down because of your personal opposition to it.

No, I'm asking for the thread to be locked, because A: you're starting to sling insults around at anyone who disagrees with you, or EDs stance. And B: this has been something they've said "NO" too a number of times already, and yet people like you keep demanding that nukes be added despite that.

Also, as I've said a few times by now: It doesn't matter if the information is publicly available if the people who build the aircraft, and those that use it say "NO", then the people who make the module have to adhere to that ruling or they lose the license. Boeing has the copyright to the F15, and if they tell Razbam that they can't model the F15Es nuclear capability, then that means that Razbam cannot model it, or they will lose the license.

• Like 2

• ED Team

We won't support nukes, this has been a thing for a while, to properly model them and the ensuing damage, everyone's computer would probably melt. If a 3rd Party was to do it, it would be much like the MiG-21, which I don't think, beyond fun Ralfi videos, is that great for general gameplay.

Thanks.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png