Showdown: Air Combat

LawnDart

f_adimagem_4083365.jpg

All new series Sundays at 10 E/P on the Military Channel. I just watched my first episode tonight with host Major Paul "Max" Moga, the first F-22A demonstration pilot. This show reminds me of the series called Dogfights, except Max is a really good and cool 8) host. It also talks a lot about the man and the machine and how these pilots used their plane's advantages or sometimes disadvantages in their favor. Some really nice "inside the cockpit" parts too with Max sitting down in these old warbirds! I've added Showdown to my DVR-list! :D

Here's a preview:

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Its pretty good. I enjoy seeing the old birds in the air. However, I really do miss "Dogfights", the computer animation was great and it really allowed you to see how the fight unfolded. With "Showdown", the views of the fights are very limited, so you don't get the same effect and understanding of the battle.

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

OT: Looking for Disc4 (DVD) of 1st season of Dogfights. Where can I find it(except Amazon :) )?

"...Я вижу тебя сквозь сетку прицела,

Сквозь дымку от залпа ракет,

Я вижу тебя пока еще целым -

Винтовку, чалму и бешмет"

There's a guy who is a former Navy fighter pilot who hosts shows on the Discovery and History channel...I forget his name right now...he hosted "Man, Moment, Machine". I hope that Mr. Moga isn't like that guy. I always found him kinda nauseating. He proved that saying...how does it go?: "How can you tell if a guy is a fighter pilot? Talk to him for one minute and he'll tell you ten times!". :D