Amiens Prison

Vander

The location is well inside the current map boundary. The Mosquito is next aircraft to be released (beta), yet no mention of this very obvious target? Or waiting for winter season version of the map? 😀

New Unique Objects England:

• Leeds Castle
  • The Parish Church of All Saints Birchington
  • St Augustine's Abbey, Ramsgate
  • Holy Trinity Church, Broadstairs
  • St Laurence's Church, Ramsgate
  • Deal Castle
  • St Mary The Virgin Church, Ashford
  • South Foreland Lighthouse
  • St Mary's Church, Dover
  • Dover Town Hall
  • St Mary and St Eanswythe's Church, Folkestone
  • St Leonard's Church, Hythe
  • Hastings Pier St Leonards Church, Deal

New Unique Objects France:

• Château de Boulogne-sur-Mer
  • Belfry Of Dunkirk
  • Church of Saint-Éloi, Dunkirk
  • Hôtel de ville de Dunkerque
  • Column of the Grande Armée
  • Fort d'Ambleteuse
  • Église Saint-Pierre, Calais
  • Town Hall, Calais
  • Lighthouse, Calais
  • Eglise Notre-Dame de Calais
  • Saint-Omer Cathedral
  • Basilica of Notre-Dame de Boulogne

WT Live // Image by DasBlaster__

Edited by Vander
  • Like 6

• ED Team

Hi, 

we have been discussing it internally. I will pass on your thoughts to the team also. 

thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Great idea Vander.

This would be a worthy addition to the Channel map, lets hope ED implement it.

• Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

we have been discussing it internally. I will pass on your thoughts to the team also. 

thank you

Good to hear! Tip: You'd need some outer walls that can be breached and buildings that can be destroyed individually, so not just one target. If you destroy the walls, but keep the prison building intact you win the prize! 🙂 

Edited by Vander
  • Like 1

+1!  The more historical targets, the better.

The same could be said for major V weapon sites, that are also well within the map boundaries (such as La Coupole and the Blockhaus d'Eperlecques).

• Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 3 weeks later...

+1

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

For the Amiens prison to make sense as a scenario, don't we need timer-fused bombs and ricochet physics as well? The Mosquito attack on that prison was performed that way (low level, bombs on timers ricocheting on the frozen ground). Otherwise it is damn-near impossible to hit precisely at the base of the walls with just impact fuses.

I do find this idea totally sexy though, especially with the Mosquito coming this year.

• Like 2

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

6 hours ago, Qiou87 said:

For the Amiens prison to make sense as a scenario, don't we need timer-fused bombs and ricochet physics as well? The Mosquito attack on that prison was performed that way (low level, bombs on timers ricocheting on the frozen ground). Otherwise it is damn-near impossible to hit precisely at the base of the walls with just impact fuses.

I do find this idea totally sexy though, especially with the Mosquito coming this year.

Very much this regarding timer-fused bombs!

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR

Bell_UH-1 side.png

• 2 months later...

+100.

I would love to see this added to the map. It has been asked for several times now in other threads, the main one here :-

Amiens Prison - The Channel Wishlist - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

The thread has been marked "Requested" so let's hope they do add it at some point, on or around the Mosquito release into EA would be great!.

Edited by bart
  • Like 2

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes they have and it looks superb,see below.....however I do not know when it will be implemented into the map itself,so if someone can throw some light on that I'd like to know,as I expect many others would.

up9K3VP.jpg

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Thanks SD,and yes,I've seen the new Mossie video,but I don't think the Amiens prison has actually been added to the Channel map yet,I was looking for it a little while ago and could'nt find it.I have both the safe and Beta versions of DCS.

I'm led to believe it's on the East side of the map and East of the Cathedral and is sited after a very long straight road,which when used by the real raiders offered the perfect route to the target.

Maybe I'm wrong,in which case where about's is it please.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, Basco1 said:

Thanks SD,and yes,I've seen the new Mossie video,but I don't think the Amiens prison has actually been added to the Channel map yet,I was looking for it a little while ago and could'nt find it.I have both the safe and Beta versions of DCS.

I'm led to believe it's on the East side of the map and East of the Cathedral and is sited after a very long straight road,which when used by the real raiders offered the perfect route to the target.

Maybe I'm wrong,in which case where about's is it please.

Its not in any of the changelogs so its still to come.

Thanks for the confirmation chaps.....looking forward to this being part of the map 👍

• ED Team

Merged with original wish list post, the prison will be added in a future patch. 

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2