Altitude Hold not holding?

Fakum

I always do an Autostart (for the sake of this post). When I enable "Altitude Hold" It is clearly indicated as on in the Control Overlay, I always engage it when its within the appropriate parameters, and it seems to chug along just fine. When the terrain ahead of me starts to increase in elevation, I would expect the Altitude hold to maintain that altitude? it does not? If I let it go, it will run right into the ground at level flight? The Autopilot switch is up and so are the SAS switches, and so is the Altitude Hold switch. Speed is typically around 200 KPH with "0" on the velocity indicator. Is there something that is not being enable during the autostart? I have been searching for this answer for a couple of days, not to mention looking at more youtube tutorials? Any help would be apricated. Thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

When switched to the “ALT.” position the autopilot will maintain the helicopter’s current altitude.

Page 130 of DCS SA342M Flight manual_en.pdf

It will not adjust the hold altitude based on terrain changes (which is what I think you are expecting, like how the Ka-50 does it). Instead, it holds the current altitude at the time of execution, and will not alter unless re-engaged.

Edited by Chump

Perhaps that is why im confused,, I was expecting radar Altitude,,, so its barometric only?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 8 months later...