Pics of Pilots Cockpit

Bedouin

The cleanliness of this cockpit is nearly unparalleled. Almost no hard switches, except for collective, cyclic and TEDAC grips. 

Does someone know what the display is just below/aft of the processor select panel (rh lower corner) on the 5th picture?

Edited by Sinclair_76

• ED Team

A lot of the photos that were posted above are from different models and year groups.  If ED is in fact making an AH-64D Block 2 from 2002, the 1st and 3rd photos would be the closest to the correct config of the Pilot/Aft cockpit, but even those photos aren't quite representative of the 2002 config.  For the CPG/Forward cockpit, the most accurate would be the last photo with the ORT display, but it has the older UFD panel in the top right.  The TEDAC display came years later, and the 3rd picture of the CPG cockpit (2nd from last) is actually from an AH-64E.

Picture 1) AH-64D Block 2 sometime after 2006/2007 timeframe
Picture 2) Some sort of 3D render, but it's actually an AH-64D Block 1

Picture 3) Same as 1)

Picture 4) Same as 1)

Picture 5) Possibly some custom equipment in the bottom right hand corner of a foreign Apache. But looks like a simulator setup of an AH-64D Block 2 of the same era as 1)

Picture 6) Simulator of an early version of AH-64E

Picture 7) AH-64D Block 1

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team
4 hours ago, bies said:

Do someone know our AH-64D from 2002 already had "double grip" collective or some earlier "single grip" variant?

All D-models have it. Only A-models had the single grip.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

6 hours ago, 1stBEAST said:

oh, come on MDD/Boeing .....whyyyyyyyyyyy! 😄

Will have to make use of those rocker switches instead I guess.  Honestly without screens on the TM MFDs sometimes it's harder to press the right button vs just clicking it in the virtual cockpit. (esp in VR)

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

17 hours ago, KungFu said:

Will have to make use of those rocker switches instead I guess.  Honestly without screens on the TM MFDs sometimes it's harder to press the right button vs just clicking it in the virtual cockpit. (esp in VR)

Maybe, but I can't make myself used to lifting the hand off the stick(unable to use left hand), grab the mouse, follow/chase the button on the screen (as I move my eyes, I move my head slightly, therefore the button), press it, undo, press it again correctly and back to bussiness! Instead, sensing the button and pressing it is much faster and less prone to errors.

But...." this is the way"

Saludos, 

Saca111

9 hours ago, Sacarino111 said:

Maybe, but I can't make myself used to lifting the hand off the stick(unable to use left hand), grab the mouse, follow/chase the button on the screen (as I move my eyes, I move my head slightly, therefore the button), press it, undo, press it again correctly and back to bussiness! Instead, sensing the button and pressing it is much faster and less prone to errors.

But...." this is the way"

Saludos, 

Saca111

That's why HOTAS is so important, one reason I prefer the 16 to the 18, I can navigate the MFDs much more effectively (ehem 16 with a functional DTC 🙂 )  Of course not all functions on the MFDs translate to HOTAS buttons but the important ones that would be used during combat are, everything else is more than likely done under autopilot or when trimmed out.   Not sure on how the HOTAS aspect works on the AH-64, but with all those controls I would hope the pilot can do the job without pressing MFD buttons.

Edited by KungFu

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

That´s because it´s a CGI render

Edited by 5ephir0th

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

My only question is whether we're getting Legacy TADS or MTADS.  The first few pictures of the Co-pilot/Gunner Station (CPG) are of the TEDAC (ie MTADS) and the final has an ORT column (ie Legacy TADS).  I'm buying it either way I just want to know what I'm in for.  There is quite a bit of difference in how you operate the two as well as some distinct capability differences.  

Edited by phantom0gritz
  • Like 1

• ED Team

The version of AH-64 they are making pre-dates MTADS and the TEDAC, despite what was shown in the teaser video.

But I'm not on the dev team, so take everything with cautious skepticism.

DCS Rotor-Head