Syria airstrike and POI overview

ArjenHVA

Hi all,

While working on an open-source project about airstrikes in the Middle-East, I figured this data might be useful for DCS mission makers and players for some inspiration. Attached .KML (Google Earth) contains about 600 verified airstrikes throughout Syria from a variety of coalitions (everything under CJTF-OIR flag, RuAF, RuNavy, TuAF and IAF which are all in individual folders and colorcodes). It also includes a bunch of POI's such as combat posts, observation posts, heliports, etc.

ozsoGt5.jpg

How this translates to DCS, I don't know. I'll leave that up to your imagination and creativity. 😀 This took some weeks to compose and checking every lat long also in the game was a bit too much. You can get a pretty good feel for the situation by using Google Maps, Bing Maps, Google Earth, satellites.pro to re-create the situation if the current in-game content is not sufficient enough. 

Hopefully it is of use!

Syria AG targets v1.0.kml

Edited by ArjenHVA
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 9

• 4 weeks later...

On a side note, did you keep any information on what the various marks were for in a seperate document (date/time, video/news source)? Would be handy if you have, if not no worries. Awesome resource either way looking forward to building some missions. Would love to know more about this open source project as well, feel free to PM me if you are not wanting to share a link directly.

Edited by Aarnoman
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is very useful. I hope it will be merged with in game map 

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 8 months later...
12 hours ago, TheEscapist___ said:

I also would like some info or sources about some of these marks, like what the target was, date and time etc. Great map thanks!

That's a bit of time consuming thing to do. A typical holiday thing so I might pick it up again soon. 

• 2 years later...
On 12/6/2021 at 3:23 AM, Aarnoman said:

What a great resource, exactly what i've been looking for! The website seems offline though somewhere since mid-2022. Thanks to the internet archive, most data should still be accessible, at least the 2016 data i read was: https://web.archive.org/web/20220516114241/https://www.inherentresolve.mil/Releases/Strike-Releases/

• Like 1