Need more hand signals

CheckGear

I've mentioned this once already, but I'm wondering if we'll ever see a more complete set of flight deck crew hand signals. I realize it's probably neither ideal nor possible to feature every single hand signal in DCS, but a few of the more important ones would be nice.

Specifically, I'd like to see the catapult director hand off control to the Cat Officer (Shooter). Also, before that, once the aircraft is engaged on the catapult, the director is supposed to give signal #4 seen in the graphic below to instruct the catapult operator to tension the catapult.

Screenshot (20).png

• Like 5

• 5 months later...

Love to see this implemented.  Also maybe once this is tackled, similar logic added to land starts.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

On 6/20/2021 at 11:51 AM, Xamik75 said:

On a side note, pilot hand signals would be cool, too...accessible via jester-like menus or something like that... 😉

actually, we don't need Jester-like menus for that, we already have the radio coms menu. I think it would make more sense that when I give the 'remove wheel chocks' command in the radio menu, the pilot model looks out to the right, or left, and does the animation (visible in external view). Same would apply to the ground power, ground air, as well as acknowledgements (thumbs up, thumbs down).

• Like 1

hace 5 horas, Tank50us dijo:

actually, we don't need Jester-like menus for that, we already have the radio coms menu. I think it would make more sense that when I give the 'remove wheel chocks' command in the radio menu, the pilot model looks out to the right, or left, and does the animation (visible in external view). Same would apply to the ground power, ground air, as well as acknowledgements (thumbs up, thumbs down).

This too but what I really envisaged was more something like real pilot-to-pilot interations when in no-radio situations. A Jester-like menu would allow for a higher number of hand signales and of course an easier access to them.

This is a bit out of the scope of the OP but I thought worth mentioning anyway.

Edited by Xamik75
  • Like 1