Miniguns (CoPilot) and Missiles (Pilot) at the same time

Fantomas

hi guys, i usually fly the huey equipped with the miniguns and some missile pods.

then, i set the copilot to "free fire", so he can use the minigun. the kneeboad here says sth like "flexible sight engaged".

but while he uses the minigun, i woul like to use the missiles from my pilot sight. is this possible?

when i set the weapon selector to missiles, i can use the missiles from the pilot seat. but every time the copilot starts firing the miniguns, the weapon selector switches back to the guns, so the missiles are not useable from pilot seat anymore.

any ideas?

That's the way the Huey systems work. Only one weapon can be active at a time – for both sides. To prevent your Co from taking over control when ROE is set to

Free Fire you have to disable flexible sight mode with the M-key. Or you set set Co's ROE to Hold, set flexible sight to Automatic, change from pilot position to co pilot via 2-key and do the shooting yourself while auto pilot driving around according to auto pilot mode.

Edited by jumphigh

If you are flying MC, both weapons can be used at same time. Only when pilot is firing rockets will flex guns cut out for a second or two. If I understood correctly, weapons selector switch should be for pilot's side only, with priority over flex sight. Of course, how ED implemented AI stuff is something else althogether.

There is no indication that different weapons can be used at the same time. According to the description in the manual the flexible sight trigger does the same as the trigger on the co's cyclic stick. Since there is only one trigger on each cyclic stick the armament selector must be working for both sides. You have to coordinate weapons usage and someone has to flip the switch each time weapons change.