Looking at Gladiator NXT

Taz1004

On 2/11/2021 at 3:27 PM, dburne said:

I can't speak for the Gladiator but if it is anything like the VKB Ultimate grip swapping those hats is a piece of cake.

Two screws, pop out, pop new one in.

I looked at the video for swapping out the top thumb stick, like 30 screws on 3 different boards.  Scares the crap out of me.  Otherwise I love this so much more than the X56 it’s replacing. So smooth.  I’m using the X56 throttle which is still great.  I also was trying to figure out how to use the wheels.  I wanted to assign them as rudder trim axis for the warbirds but they won’t register.

6 minutes ago, horstweihrauch said:

The MCG ultimate is a true masterpiece for the price. Feels so good🤤

Yes indeed it truly is the ultimate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 7/2/2021 at 6:12 AM, AeroGator said:

Trust me it sounds scarier than it is.

So you’ll send me a new one if I botch it?

Seriously you guys should take a look at the x56 throttle, in particular the two thumb wheels that are useful for zoom controls and trim and other knobs in DCS, and things like thrust limiter in Star Citizen.  It’s the main reason I will probably just hold on to that that throttle until it breaks.

On 7/6/2021 at 9:25 PM, Psychotoddler said:

I will probably just hold on to that that throttle until it breaks.

Given how fast we are advancing with our throttles, their release and the end of yours may happen within one week one from another 🙂 Then I hope you know where to go for the replacement!

• Like 1

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. I'm considering to buy VKB nxt premium, so I wonder whether it is possible to bind its mini stick for view control and thus make camera rotation smoother than if the view control was bind on joystick's hat. I don't have a TrackIr device, so this is important to me.

Edited by f1rst

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2021 at 10:20 AM, f1rst said:

Hi guys. I'm considering to buy VKB nxt premium, so I wonder whether it is possible to bind its mini stick for view control and thus make camera rotation smoother than if the view control was bind on joystick's hat. I don't have a TrackIr device, so this is important to me.

I am using it for the same purpose. I used this profile to get started quickly and it works for camera rotation. But: It is not as smooth as in MSFS for example (extremely helpful in MSFS, premium nxt is the way to go here). In DCS, it's like using the numpad keys.

I will need to look into it further once I have the time. The video fallout9 posted looks really helpful, I just don't have the time to get into it at the moment. Maybe someone else will help. Would appreaciate it as well.

Edited by Sandy

• 5 months later...

Also trying to get the rotary encoders to work for HUD brightness etc.

I have used a MIDI rotary encoder before i got the Gladiator. I mapped it to an axis and could control the F-14 turn knobs with a little script. It worked very "analog" as in you turn faster, it makes bigger steps. I think this is the better approach rather than emulating button presses.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/293009-controlling-hud-brightness-hsd-course-heading-altimeter-radar-alt-ammo-counter-etc-with-a-novation-midi-controller/

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 6:27 PM, fallout9 said:

The ministick on the Gladiator NXT (and on all the other VKB grips) has 2 modes, swappable through the center push button: axes and POV. The axes could be absolute (return to center) or relative (hold position). Works well to have one mode assigned to view and the other to other control, like trimming. More about the ministick here.

but not the nxt standard version

Speaking of the analog ministick...(NXT Gladiator Premium)

Does anyone have a more controllable curve setting for using as slew cursor in the A-10C II and/or Apache?

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark