Airfield Static Templates for Persian Gulf Map

Rudel_chw

Hello,

I'm opening this thread to provide support for a set of Static Templates that I've edited for the airbases of the Persian Gulf Map. I've uploaded them in two files, one for the Red Coalition (basically Iran and the strait islands) and another for the Blue Coalition (UAE and strait islands):

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314370/

sxvLWXs.jpg

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314404/

OOpcsyD.jpg

Please note that these Templates require at least three User Mods as pre-requisites:

1) VPC Airfield Equipment Mod, by @voc, originally available here:

https://virpil.com/en/news/58-vpc-airfield-equipment-dlya-dcs-world

However, that Mod version is currently obsolete, download instead an updated version of this Mod from this post:

The files are in OvGME format for use with a Mod Manager, please note that the Mod has actually two packages, as it must go both into the DCS program folder and into your Saved games folder.

2) Nato Personnel & Items, by @SUNTSAG

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/190965-nato-personnel-and-items

3) Civil Aircrafts Mod, by @cdpkobra  , @Popchar and @seth0s  : 

https://cam.em-key.de/

None of the above Mods impact on the Multiplayer game, as they are all installed on the /Saved Games/ path. To improve detail, I suggest to make use of these additional items, tough they are not strictly required:

1) To replace the ugly green Farps of the standard DCS, I use the Desert FARP v3 Mod by @SUNTSAG :

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/186925-desert-farp-mod/?tab=comments#comment-3614555

2) To provide desert skins for the ground AI vehicles, use these liveries by @easypeac3:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307516/?sphrase_id=1210190

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307500/?sphrase_id=1210190

3) To provide liveries for Iran's aircrafts, use these liveries by @sadjad-vosoul  :

puFcFYp.jpg

Ctq2hvx.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
Added updated download link for the VPC Mod
  • Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 minutes ago, Pitbull1979 said:

Hi, I have VPC and I using it in my missions , but it's not work with Your's Red Static Templates. I see only vehicules. Blue working perfect

Please make sure to be using my customized copy of this Mod:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26h4xg4260mM02r87dGQ?e=rxOTR4

as other published links are not fully compatible with DCS 2.5.6

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

53 minutes ago, Pitbull1979 said:

Ok, I will try and let You know about results

Also, the Red Templates need both Iran and Russia to be on the Red Coalition of your mission, check that too 🙂

Hi, 

Repport:

- It's the same version VPC what I have (but for test I replaced it for version from link)

- all components working fine

- Caucas Blue and Red work perfect

- My misions with VPC work perfect

- PG Blue work perfect

- PG RED - still only vehicules. No airfield equipment and YES- I have Russia and Iran in RED coalition

47 minutes ago, Pitbull1979 said:

Hi, 

Repport:

- It's the same version VPC what I have (but for test I replaced it for version from link)

- all components working fine

- Caucas Blue and Red work perfect

- My misions with VPC work perfect

- PG Blue work perfect

- PG RED - still only vehicules. No airfield equipment and YES- I have Russia and Iran in RED coalition

Hi, 

It's so strange, as I just tested them and the red templates do work on my DCS:

Can you tell me which Airbase was giving you trouble?

Eduardo

49 minutes ago, Pitbull1979 said:

Dunno, I can see everything just fine (tested at Havadarya):

zzzzzzzzzzz2.jpg

Make sure you have this checkbox ticked:

zzzzzzzzzz1.jpg

I'm not sure of which VPC version I'm using (my notes says it's "0.9.6 without lights"), but I can recall downloading a modified build from somewhere.

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

5 minutes ago, Minsky said:

Dunno, I can see everything just fine (tested at Havadarya):

Hi @Minsky,

Thanks for confirming that the Templates work for you too ... but man, you really need to lower your Gamma 🙃 ... that scene looks too washed out .. compare with my video above .. I use a Gamma of 1.5

Best regards,

Eduardo

• 3 months later...

Hi, I downloaded the required mods, as your given 1drive link is dead I installed the:

VPC-Airfield Equipment 0.9.4 beta.zip

and the patch

VP Object -20210427T133942Z-001_patch.zip the the shapes directory of main/

However, putting directly the mods into saved games/DCSopenbeta/Mods/tech/main for VPC, NatoGF in tech as well as Civil Aircraft in mods/aircraft, every time I load a base static file like UAE or DUBAI intl (but also plenty of others), when I launch the flight, I get a window:

DX11RENDERER error : shader " model/fake_omni_lights.fx " failed to compile HRESULT:ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND

with retry or cancel leading both to a game crash.

what could be going wrong and how to fix that???

Curiously, It seems I succeeded late last night at least one time to go through the error with the standard VPC (not patched) with an installation using MODMANFX64 but I could not been able to reproduce it today....

I am using the 2.7 version of DCS beta and I have a huge PC configuration with 32Go RAM and 16Go of VRAM in a radeon 6900XT

Thanks for your help if possible because your mod is really nice and it's a pity I could not use it I was ready to be delighted to see the AL DHAFRA AFB where I spent a lot of time in all its splendor...

17 minutes ago, Swson said:

Thanks for your help if possible because your mod is really nice and it's a pity I could not use it I was ready to be delighted to see the AL DHAFRA AFB where I spent a lot of time in all its splendor...

Hello,

Please, delete your current VPC Mod and replace with the one from this post:

Please note that in order to fix this issue, I had to add a small 2nd part to the VPC Mod .. the largest part goes onto the /Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/ folder, while the small one should go onto the DCS Program folder (usually at /program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS Openbeta/ ) ..  as far as I have tested, this small Mod does not impact on the Multiplayer Integrity Check.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• 5 months later...

Hi @Rudel_chw

Do you have plans to release static templates for Syria map?

I tested two static templates, but they looks too messy named objects.

They are not hidden like your static templates.

Best regards.

Edited by SilentSierra

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

6 hours ago, SilentSierra said:

Do you have plans to release static templates for Syria map?I

hello,

I’ve edited a few, but I like to share complete sets, so no plans to share them soon. However, I did share carrier templates for Syria a while ago: 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312410/

and

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312342/

👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

hello,

I’ve edited a few, but I like to share complete sets, so no plans to share them soon. However, I did share carrier templates for Syria a while ago: 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312410/

and

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312342/

👍

I have downloaded the Caucasus, Nevada, Persian Gulf and these aircraft carrier static templates for Syria.

I create simple mission, but with these templates, the airfields looks much better.

Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by SilentSierra
Added Caucasus.
  • Like 2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

Hi @Rudel_chw.

I have loaded all the static templates, but I noticed that I can't save these three with DCS World 2.7:

• Bandar Lengeh
  • Bandar-e-Jask
  • Jirof

Can you check these static templates, load and save the mission for me?

Attached is the mission with the downloaded templates.

Best regards.

PGulf Complete (by Rudel_chw).zip

26 minutes ago, SilentSierra said:

I have loaded all the static templates, but I noticed that I can't save these three with DCS World 2.7:

• Bandar Lengeh
  • Bandar-e-Jask
  • Jirof

Hello,

My Templates require several users mod to work: VPC, Nato Soldiers, etc. The three cited ones make use of @SUNTSAG 's Desert Farp Mod .. if you don't have that Mod then the Mission can't be saved.

Get the Mod here (use the latest v3 Mod, just tested it and it is compatible with DCS 2.7): 

Best regards,

Eduardo

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

@SUNTSAG 's Desert Farp Mod

I didn't had this "Desert Farp Mod". I installed and the static templates works fine.

Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Best regards.

Edited by SilentSierra

• 2 months later...

Hi @Rudel_chw,

Thank you so much for these fantastic resourses.

I did initially have the same issue as SilentSierra above, but have now installed the Desert Farp mod and everything works perfectly!

You might want to consider editing the user files entries to state that Desert Farp is mandatory for certain airfields (particularly as V3 is now a saved games version).  It threw me for a while as the ME allows insertion of those airfield resources but then immediately invalidates the mission so it is not savable (or even possible to open it again in the ME). Thought I must have corrupted DCS somehow and ran a repair.

Thanks again,

Shaun

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

1 hour ago, ShaunX said:

You might want to consider editing the user files entries to state that Desert Farp is mandatory for certain airfields (particularly as V3 is now a saved games version).  It threw me for a while as the ME allows insertion of those airfield resources but then immediately invalidates the mission so it is not savable (or even possible to open it again in the ME). Thought I must have corrupted DCS somehow and ran a repair.

Hello,

The individual Templates do state which Mod they require:

3ouRToa.jpg

but the User Files description is misleading, as the Desert Farp is described as "optional", which used to be the case but a DCS update changed this behaviour, so I will update the files description. Thanks for reminding me about this issue.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi Rudel, do you have a working link for your version of the VPC Airfield Equipment Mod. Thanks.

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

8 minutes ago, truebrit said:

Hi Rudel, do you have a working link for your version of the VPC Airfield Equipment Mod. Thanks.

Yes, get it here:

please note that there are two download links: one for items that go into your /saved games/dcs/ folder and the other that goes into /program files/eagle dynamics/dcs/

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
15.06.2022 в 22:22, Rudel_chw сказал:

Yes, get it here:

Is it possible to edit your static templates for Al Dhafra? I do not see any objects on the mission map, but I'm using version 0.9.6 instead along with the root fix and I guess that's the issue? The war between our objects and the static ones started😁 when I tried to load your templates for testing purposes. Thanks!

Edited by IR Sky

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice

4 hours ago, IR Sky said:

Is it possible to edit your static templates for Al Dhafra?

A static template can’t be edited directly, instead you have to create a new empty mission, then load the static template, then edit the changes you want and finally save a new version of the template with those changes.

I do not see any objects on the mission map

Most of the template objects are hidden, but not all, you should see at least some of its 300 objects. Here is a video that I recorded last night, showing how it looks on my DCS:

Please note the template requirements: Saudi arabia, UAE and UK must be on the blue coalition, and two User Mods are needed: VPC objects, and NATO soldiers.

but I'm using version 0.9.6 instead along with the root fix and I guess that's the issue? The war between our objects and the static ones started😁 when I tried to load your templates for testing purposes. Thanks!

I’m not sure what are your objects, but the VPC version of the Mod that I’m using is the one posted just above your post.

Best regards,

Eduardo.