After last update, my game freezes after a crash, escape key won't work

artmustel

Hello. I'm having an issue after uploading the latest update, my escape key is not working anymore so when I crash or want to go back to menu, I need to go to task manager and end the game from there.

Also, I had some airplanes that I was trying during the free demo days, and now every time I start the game I have to go thru all that dialog about i don't own those airplanes, then I get 2 options, bind or skip. Whatever I do, next time I start the game I have to go thru the same.

Can you help me with these 2 issues? Thanks!

Hello.

Here's a nice method to uninstall the free demo modules. (start at "step 4").

Now, let's work on your Esc key issue. Try renaming your "Saved Games\DCS" folder (or DCS.openbeta folder) as "DCS_backup", then start DCS (your settings and controls will then return to default - don't worry, this is just a test), and try to use the Esc key ingame. Does it work, now?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Flappie, renaming the saved games folder worked! Now, what is the next step? Thank you.

However the module uninstall did not work, I followed exactly the instructions for all the 6 modules I wanted to uninstall but then I started game again and they were still there. Any advice on this'? Thanks

Edited by artmustel
addition

Then simply remove modules in the module manager ingame, by clicking on the trashcan icons. It might take some time since you can only remove them one by one (the game needs to restart every time).

image.png

Now, I assume you want your controls back. They are stored in "Saved Games\DCS_backup\Config\Input". Of course, there's a possibility your previous issue was caused by one of the files contained in this folder.

I suggest you copy all aircraft folders into your new "Saved Games\Config\Input\" folder. Just don't copy folders like "UI layer", "Default" and "ground_unit" (you can set them up quickly ingame). Don't worry, if the issue comes back, you know how to make it disappear. 😉

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.