ATC and the Gazelle

Revenant

Whenever taking off from a FARP (or any airport for that matter), I cannot seem to get the ATC to recognize that I have taken off. I have tried climbing to the altitude in question (300 in this case) and was unable to get any sort of response from ATC. The only option for the remainder of the mission is "abort takeoff," even when coming back after expending all HOT 3s. Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong (more that likely the second one 😉 )?

Screen_210117_185627.png

that is the limit of the ATC in dcs. it unfortunately servers no purpose outside of a couple of voice lines that are always the same. it is being reworked in the future

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

10 minutes ago, Sceptre said:

that is the limit of the ATC in dcs. it unfortunately servers no purpose outside of a couple of voice lines that are always the same. it is being reworked in the future

Ok. So it doesn't have the capacity to register that the SA342 has taken off from the pad? I know that when using a normal rotary-wing aircraft (taking off from the runway, etc,) it registers that you have taken off, and you can start requesting stuff like navigation assistance, announcing that you are incoming, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...