Heatblur F-4 Phantom

RED

1 hour ago, uri_ba said:

Blesimtek had the F-4E slated after the Mi-24P. but that all got jumbled when they were acquired by ED two years ago. so I don't think HB will be picking it up

ED officials said that F4 most likely be done by a 3rd party developer about a month ago. So I hope HB will do it rather than other devs. Because their modelling quality is superb. And also they have tremendous experience on AI pilots and multicrew

• Like 7

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

To do the F-4 justice it would ideally be multiple variations, at least an Air Force and Navy variant, in one module. That’s quite an undertaking, HB would be capable of it of course. Let’s see so many wonderful and iconic aircraft available. When it all settles with the Viggen and the Tomcat it shall be highly anticipated where they go next, F4 is iconic, but I’ve longed for a Tornado for so many years. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

As far as I know ED still has the licence for the F-4 Phantom due to Bilsimtek being a sub developer under ED and was reabsorbed along with the AH-1 and F-4E Block 58 projects they were doing and ED still plans to make  and F-4 or possibly multiple after everything else is said and done (after F-18/16 is complete/mostly complete and after Hind and AH-64 have been released). However if its not considered under the same licence agreement due to the weapons and modifications put onto it the first F-4 we could see as soon as possible would realistically come from TrueGrit as the F-4 ICE. As the CEO flew German F-4 ICE before the Typhoon and has many friends he could ask for more information then just what he knows so much like the Eurofighter they're in one of the best positions to make any type of F-4 Phantom. 

While *possible* Heatblur has said that once the F-14 is done their next module will be "2 engined" and "Complicated" and since when RAZBAM wanted to make a flyable A-6 Intruder around 2014/2015 they said that "someone else" had the licence AND that HB has said they have interest in making their already high quality 3D AI asset into a fliable module at some point. The A-6 is most likely HB's next module.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Southernbear said:

As far as I know ED still has the licence for the F-4 Phantom due to Bilsimtek being a sub developer under ED and was reabsorbed along with the AH-1 and F-4E Block 58 projects they were doing and ED still plans to make  and F-4 or possibly multiple after everything else is said and done (after F-18/16 is complete/mostly complete and after Hind and AH-64 have been released). However if its not considered under the same licence agreement due to the weapons and modifications put onto it the first F-4 we could see as soon as possible would realistically come from TrueGrit as the F-4 ICE. As the CEO flew German F-4 ICE before the Typhoon and has many friends he could ask for more information then just what he knows so much like the Eurofighter they're in one of the best positions to make any type of F-4 Phantom. 

While *possible* Heatblur has said that once the F-14 is done their next module will be "2 engined" and "Complicated" and since when RAZBAM wanted to make a flyable A-6 Intruder around 2014/2015 they said that "someone else" had the licence AND that HB has said they have interest in making their already high quality 3D AI asset into a fliable module at some point. The A-6 is most likely HB's next module.

I do hope you are right. 😉 Would only make sense, honestly.

F-4 Phantom by Heatblur? I’ll be all over that! Yes please!

After their superb F-14, HB seem to be the best developer for a phantom - I suppose the Jester AI can be adapted to the Phantom relatively easy. Both planes are more or less from the same era, with rio operated radars and before the days of FBW and fancy computers. 

I prefer F-4E model since this is the one that saw the most action and served in the largest number of airforces around the world. I would take any other variant as well.

• Like 3

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

I'd say something Similar to this

F-4J,F-4E (Late) F-4D and a foreign varient like the Kurnass 2000 or F-4F ICE (last one might be picked up by true Grit). 

If we get an F-4B or J From Vietnam, I hope to see "Game TIme " as a feature 

+1 but A-6 should be developed first

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RaisedByWolves said:

If anyone can do the Phantom the way it should be done. It’s heat blur.

Indeed, no one else has modelled late analogue / early digital aircraft systems so well as Heatblur did with the Viggen and the Tomcat!

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, Badger1-1 said:

I bet next year's 2022 and beyond trailer will have the F4's silhouette at the end 😄

:worthy:

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

+

YES HB please PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE 

F-4D/E 

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

19 hours ago, sadjad-vosoul said:

+

YES HB please PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE 

F-4D/E 

I don't know if Heatblur would make the Airforce variants as opposed to Navy. Although I would like for them to do both a Navy and an Airforce variant. That way we can have Jester make fun of the Airforce when you are in the Navy variant and vise versa.

I wonder how ED missed PHANTOM II in DCS until now !!! 

and yes all these Variants , YEEEEEEEES PLEASE

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

I was more thinking we could do a module, like "DCS: US Air Force 1945-2020". I mean, why think small... 😄

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

4 hours ago, IronMike said:

I was more thinking we could do a module, like "DCS: US Air Force 1945-2020". I mean, why think small... 😄

But that doesn't include the Tornado! So how about "DCS: NATO Air Forces 1945-2020"? :smile:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Tornado3 small.jpg

Come on Mike, you know you need the D to go along with that gorgeous A-6B you are making 😉 

And lets go Downtown!!! 

Oh and since you now have the experience that came with the Forrestal, you can give us the Intrepid or better yet, the Enterprise 😉

• Like 1