Heatblur F-4 Phantom

RED

Here it is. Eurofighter + 2 new modules:

"But it was never meant to come before the EF, or, yes you are hearing right, the other two modules that are to come as well. Which are these? Well: we will tell you in due time."

Edited by Tom Kazansky
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

C'mon guys please hurry and publish phantom already. There are only 4 countries left that are using phantoms in active service.

I don't want to fly a museum plane. I want to fly it while it is in service

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Japan has officially retired last year, leaving only Greece, Iran and Turkey:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/37742/so-long-samurai-japan-bids-farewell-to-its-final-frontline-phantoms

I May be wrong, But I believe the only western design that’s outlived the phantom in terms of “still in front line use” is the B52.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 5:01 PM, Skysurfer said:

Yeah, naval version given the Forrestal and A-6 only makes sense for the era. As well as having Jester AI.

Absolutely.

Regarding our Forrestal, we have at the earliest, an early 80s fit, making the F-4S the most suitable. From a pedantic standpoint I don't think it was based on any of the Forrestal class carriers for that timeframe, but for a short time it was still in service with the USN AFAIK.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

From a purely economic standpoint, and of course acknowledging the rivet counting contingent, having  naval variant seems like  it would garner more sales as it can always be used on a landing strip but not the other way around. 
That said, I really don’t see why they are playing the “you guess “ game other than they have no firm plan in place at all and are buying time. Unless there all children, which I agree they aren’t. 
we shall see….

• Like 1

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Big.Biggs said:

From a purely economic standpoint, and of course acknowledging the rivet counting contingent, having  naval variant seems like  it would garner more sales as it can always be used on a landing strip but not the other way around. 

Having a naval variant is great, but if it is the only variant, and F-4E isn't there, I personally wouldn't buy it.

A naval F-4 can in no way shape or form represent an F-4E. E is just a lot better in strike missions with its oldie targeting pods, self lased LGBs, TV guided bombs, Mavericks, Shrikes etc. And it has a huge worldwide service history, with many conflicts/operations etc. Some countries still fly it.

As far as I'm concerned, no F-4 is a lot better than naval only F-4, because then at least there'll be hope someone might still do the E soon.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

On the other hand, I’m happy to take whatever phantom is offered. I have a personally preference towards the FGR 1 (the U.K. variant) but I have as much chance actually getting to fly a real one as I do getting to fly one in DCS. On the absence of that preference, I’ll take what I can get. A J or an E would suit me fine.

17 hours ago, Mr. Big.Biggs said:

Personally, I think it's a necessity to have at least an F-4B/J/N/S (my preference being the F-4S, followed by the F-4J) and an F-4E.

The F-4S makes the most sense for HB's Forrestal, but the E was the most produced, and as WinterH said, it did have some desireable AG options that are desireable, which don't apply to USN/USMC Phantoms. Though as far as the F-4E goes, I'm only interested in a domestic variant/block.

My personal preference would be the British F-4M Phantom FGR.2 or F-4K Phantom FG.1 (from circa late 70s and onwards), but as it stands I think an F-4S and an F-4E (circa mid 70s) best fits DCS.

• Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 8/19/2021 at 10:20 AM, ghostdog688 said:

Japan has officially retired last year, leaving only Greece, Iran and Turkey:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/37742/so-long-samurai-japan-bids-farewell-to-its-final-frontline-phantoms

I May be wrong, But I believe the only western design that’s outlived the phantom in terms of “still in front line use” is the B52.

C-130 first flight was in 1954, and KC-135 was adopted in 1956.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

• 2 weeks later...

According to the latest interview from ED the Phantom is "definitely coming to DCS, and quite soon": if I remember correctly, about the Phantom the ED some time ago said that, probably, it would be a Third Party to take care of its development.

If this last indication were to be confirmed, everything suggests that HB is the Third Party in question and that "quite soon" could indicate the unannounced HB module that should be released before the Eurofighter and the Intruder.

Bye

Phant

AMVI

In t

1 hour ago, phant said:

According to the latest interview from ED the Phantom is "definitely coming to DCS, and quite soon": if I remember correctly, about the Phantom the ED some time ago said that, probably, it would be a Third Party to take care of its development.

If this last indication were to be confirmed, everything suggests that HB is the Third Party in question and that "quite soon" could indicate the unannounced HB module that should be released before the Eurofighter and the Intruder.

Bye

Phant

in that same interview they said nothing had been submitted by any third party for review.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phant said:

Bye

Phant

There some English version of that?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

5 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

There some English version of that?

No, just a summary by @Minsky:

8 hours ago, phant said:

if I remember correctly, about the Phantom the ED some time ago said that, probably, it would be a Third Party to take care of its development.

I don't remember any such comment on the Phantom. ED said this about the Tornado, but not the Phantom.

In fact, ED's global business development director said a year ago, that he suspects that the Phantom will arrive in 2 years:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

8 hours ago, phant said:

Bye

Phant

It would be a bad move if ED announce a 3rd party module before the 3rd party dev announce it. Especially when its a highly anticipated module like this.

Besides im not sure if ED are willing to give a popullar aircraft that will give them big bucks

59 minutes ago, ustio said:

Besides im not sure if ED are willing to give a popullar aircraft that will give them big bucks

Especially as they (Ex-Belsimtek) have put in quite a bit of work already into the Phantom and had released WIP screenshots of it already.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg