Heatblur F-4 Phantom

RED

I has to be Heatblur beacuse no other plane in DCS has the inmersion and atmospehre of teh Tomcat or Viggen, the little things the vibrations, the routhness, the subtle things in the FM... after fying the Tomcat every other plane feels "on rails"...

ED tryed that with the P 47 but it eneded up being overly complicated to fly and feels heavy and underpowered... I enjoy the Tomcats "perks", I suffer the P 47...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Baco said:

I has to be Heatblur beacuse no other plane in DCS has the inmersion and atmospehre of teh Tomcat or Viggen, the little things the vibrations, the routhness, the subtle things in the FM... after fying the Tomcat every other plane feels "on rails"...

ED tryed that with the P 47 but it eneded up being overly complicated to fly and feels heavy and underpowered... I enjoy the Tomcats "perks", I suffer the P 47...

Hmm. You just might have sold me on the P47...

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 7/13/2021 at 3:51 PM, Harlikwin said:

Hmm. You just might have sold me on the P47...

well its the best WWII module so far and it trully conveys the complexity of flying high performance fighters of WWII. It gave me real hope for the Mosquito... Y just cant wait for that beast...

On 7/13/2021 at 8:30 PM, Baco said:

You must be confusing ED's Jug with the Jug in that other game. That Jug flies like a dumptruck.

ED's Jugs are nice.

• Like 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

9 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

You must be confusing ED's Jug with the Jug in that other game. That Jug flies like a dumptruck.

ED's Jugs are nice.

I dont fly any other sim 🙂 at least not recently  (3 or moreyears) hehe... but yeah, I am not an expert on WWII crates.

I think our chances are getting lower after ef2000 announcement.. 

• Like 2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Its good and bad. I'm glad HB has partnered with TG to do it. However its one of the 2 sekrit modules then. Leaving only 1 sekrit module. Which, lets hope is an F4. 

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Late Vietnam carrier capable F-4J with powerful look-down Doppler radar made by Heatblur on Forestall Carrier would be awesome but didn't Simon Pearson revealed a year ago ED is making F-4 and they were deciding which variants to choose? Did something change?

ED said they've dropped the F-4 and opened it up for 3rd parties. Kate's post in the roadmap discussion. 

• Like 2

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

4 hours ago, Uxi said:

ED said they've dropped the F-4 and opened it up for 3rd parties. Kate's post in the roadmap discussion. 

Thanks. That changes all. So Heatblur would really be perfect developer to make it after Tomcat.

Considering how many guys are expecting an F-4 i think ED blocking it and opening it for the 3rd party only now is the sole reason there is no F-4 in DCS yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OnionSpider13 said:

I personally am not that interested in a naval F-4, but I agree that HB would be the perfect dev for it!

That's the nice thing about HB.  They made a Tomcat.  Early B, then late A, soon early A and Iranian A.  If they do the Phantom I could see something like B, C, E, J, (I think those are the air force and naval pre and post gun variants) and maybe a G.

Even just the E deals with Kunass, Kai, Terminator, and 2000 variants. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 4:04 PM, Spurts said:

That's the nice thing about HB.  They made a Tomcat.  Early B, then late A, soon early A and Iranian A.  If they do the Phantom I could see something like B, C, E, J, (I think those are the air force and naval pre and post gun variants) and maybe a G.

That is extremely optimistic tbh. The systems (and even FM depending on whether they do slatted or hard wing jets) of those Phantom variants are pretty different from each other, unlike the Tomcat.

17 hours ago, TLTeo said:

That is extremely optimistic tbh. The systems (and even FM depending on whether they do slatted or hard wing jets) of those Phantom variants are pretty different from each other, unlike the Tomcat.

That's fair.  Thank you for your perspective. 

An F-4J and S together* with a KA-3 tanker as an AI asset would truly rock my boat.

The KA-3 could pass almost 30,000lbs of gas and the multi-mission EKA-3 (ECM platform) could still give away about as much as a KA-6.

And it's an incredibly beautiful aircraft. But that's just me...

Given the fact that F-4S (and F-4Ns) would fly into the early-mid 80s, those certainly wold make great additional assets on the boat. Especially considering the A-6 and earlier Tomcats.

This would certainly back the direction HB has taken in the past with the F-14, A-6 and Forrestal. But then again, HB might want some fresh air and leave the naval background altogether.

Considered from a purely economical standpoint, the F-4E would probably be HB's best shot as it would capture the largest set of people - given widespread USAF use and a wide variety of export sales. It would also fit kind of nicely onto the Syria map (YKW etc).

___

* Maybe in a similar fashion to the Tomcat:

- F-4J early ('69-'72)

- F-4J late (mid 70s) => incl. SEAM and VTAS

- F-4S with slats (late 70s/ erly 80s) => incl. SEAM and VTAS

Edited by Bremspropeller
  • Like 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

1 hour ago, Bremspropeller said:

* Maybe in a similar fashion to the Tomcat:

- F-4J early ('69-'72)

- F-4J late (mid 70s) => incl. SEAM and VTAS

- F-4S with slats (late 70s/ erly 80s) => incl. SEAM and VTAS

Yeah I think this is the most reasonable list of sub-variants that has been asked about the Phantom.

• Like 3

On 7/23/2021 at 12:29 AM, bies said:

Thanks. That changes all. So Heatblur would really be perfect developer to make it after Tomcat.

Considering how many guys are expecting an F-4 i think ED blocking it and opening it for the 3rd party only now is the sole reason there is no F-4 in DCS yet.

Yeah, a HB F4 would be fantastic, esp the Naval J with the good radar, and like an E for more ground attack stuff. 

8 hours ago, Bananabrai said:

A UK one would be nice.

Too classified still.... Don't expect UK planes, the MOD is far too head up its behind to make it much of a possibility. I think even systems on the EE Ligtning are still covered under the official secrets act. 

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 10:17 PM, Harlikwin said:

Its good and bad. I'm glad HB has partnered with TG to do it. However its one of the 2 sekrit modules then. Leaving only 1 sekrit module. Which, lets hope is an F4. 

They stated on Hoggit/Reddit, I think it was, that the EF is not one of the two modules on their own developement map. Its a separate cooperative project with TrueGrit.

So that still leaves two "figher type" aircraft slots open.

Regards,

Snappy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Snappy said:

They stated on Hoggit/Reddit, I think it was, that the EF is not one of the two modules on their own developement map. Its a separate cooperative project with TrueGrit.

So that still leaves two "figher type" aircraft slots open.

Regards,

Snappy

Thanks for updating me on that, thats very good news IMO.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 7:18 PM, Harlikwin said:

Thanks for updating me on that, thats very good news IMO.

Hey, sorry I may have to tread back on that. Just looked again at the Development map and there it seems indeed as if one of the two modules is now replaced by the EF.

That being said, I also found a post by IronMike on Reddit when asked whether EF would affect A-6 where he said basically that A-6 is years away and other modules (plural) would likely be released before. So make of that what you will.

this guessing is all overhyped anyway 😉

But we could still get lucky and have F-4 among those!Would defo be supercool.

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 1