Generating missions for the Sabre.

harv

I like to generate random missions for the aircraft that I won.

For most aircraft this works just fine.

For the Sabre / Mig this works less well because the sky is populated with aircraft that are far superior and more modern that the plane I want to fly.

I want the sky to be populated with planes of a similar era to the Mig / Sabre.

Is there anyway round this aside form adjusting it all manually afterwards?

1 hour ago, harv said:

I like to generate random missions for the aircraft that I won.

For most aircraft this works just fine.

For the Sabre / Mig this works less well because the sky is populated with aircraft that are far superior and more modern that the plane I want to fly.

I want the sky to be populated with planes of a similar era to the Mig / Sabre.

Is there anyway round this aside form adjusting it all manually afterwards?

Give the mission editor a try. Just adding a few fighters to create an air combat scenario is really easy. Like literally 1 minute work.

Of course if you want more complex missions, it needs some more effort. Or you could just visit the user files section on ED's main website and download some missions there

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Even so, the early Cold War is the least populated era, with only the F-86F, B-52H (arguably), MiG-15bis and MiG-19P for aircraft.

As for other units there's the ZSU-57-2 and arguably the T-55 (with an AZP S-60 (w. 'Fire Can' FCR) and KS-19 on the way), only other stuff is what you can recycle from the WWII assets.

No ships and no maps.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

we need more early cold war assets, I think we're good on the blue for side. We Just need the F-84, B-29, F-80. F9F, Fh2, FJ, and some helicopters. Then the Red For we need basically everything. This is the reason I keep asking for Red Army and Air Force late Word War II assets.  I've got the F-51, F-86 now I need some  ground targets to shoot up. I also have the MiG-15 

21 hours ago, upyr1 said:

we need more early cold war assets, I think we're good on the blue for side. We Just need the F-84, B-29, F-80. F9F, Fh2, FJ, and some helicopters. Then the Red For we need basically everything. This is the reason I keep asking for Red Army and Air Force late Word War II assets.  I've got the F-51, F-86 now I need some  ground targets to shoot up. I also have the MiG-15 

A map for Korean War era would be nice as well.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU