Mission 4 - problem.

Hey, thanks for your continuous effort of making DCS more interesting (I'm a big fan of your liveries).

Now to the point:

during mission 4 I was completely ignored by the "Hun".

As it's a recon style mission, I didn't bother, quite the contrary, I assumed, it's good, he left me alone, as I can continue my mission. That's where the problem beginns. I realized something's wrong, because nothing happened, no further instructions. I started chasing a bandit for a short moment, but it wouldn't make sense - realistically I shouldn't make my stay on the other side of the Channel any longer than necessary. So I just continued a long, confusing flight along the old planned route. No calls from the Pipper, no instructions, nothing. I considered exiting but the mission is so long, I didn't want to lose the progress. In the end I just continued, thankfully.

I just wanted to point out, this kind of situations are very frustrating.

I didn't read the book, so I didn't know what "should" happen (I keep reading it after the mission).

Similar things with triggers missing keep happening in many campaigns, so, slowly, the fear of missing triggers starts to kill the joy of experience.

That said, keep up your good work and best regards!

• 5 weeks later...

I am currently re-flying this campaign and just finished mission 4. I experienced the same this as the above post - ignored by bandit, no radar calls. For whatever reason I also failed the mission???

I took off, followed the flight plan and then landed without issue, so I'm not sure why I failed it.

3 hours ago, _Spad_ said:

I am currently re-flying this campaign and just finished mission 4. I experienced the same this as the above post - ignored by bandit, no radar calls. For whatever reason I also failed the mission???

I took off, followed the flight plan and then landed without issue, so I'm not sure why I failed it.

As I said above, AI vision is pretty messed up at the moment. In such low light conditions, they can't see. I can't do anything about it in the mission editor, it's for ED to fix.

HOWEVER:

The mission success is not tied to killing or meeting the bandit. As long as you cross the channel, reach 'Able' (hear the controller call you) then RTB, it should be successful. I just checked the triggers. If you did not hear the controller, that means you wondered off route.

To 'skip' the mission just load it up, sit  there on the ground for 10 minutes (use time acceleration!!!) then exit.

I'm going to drop a reminder to ED about this AI vision bug.

27 minutes ago, Reflected said:

As I said above, AI vision is pretty messed up at the moment. In such low light conditions, they can't see. I can't do anything about it in the mission editor, it's for ED to fix.

HOWEVER:

The mission success is not tied to killing or meeting the bandit. As long as you cross the channel, reach 'Able' (hear the controller call you) then RTB, it should be successful. I just checked the triggers. If you did not hear the controller, that means you wondered off route.

To 'skip' the mission just load it up, sit  there on the ground for 10 minutes (use time acceleration!!!) then exit.

I'm going to drop a reminder to ED about this AI vision bug.

Thanks Reflected. I appreciate the majority of these issues are DCS bugs and not campaign related.

It's no problem, I just edited my logbook.lua file to pass the mission.