Warthog Throttle POV switches not working.

jimmywa3

Interesting experience today, notice one of my POV's (the front one) right postion switch not working, and the side POV position up switch intermittent. Right away I assumed the POV switches were going bad. Took the right hand side cover off to investigate how to get the switches out, and just for the heck of it unplugged the switches from the ckt board there. After figuring I could get the switches out easy enough, put the plugs back into the ckt board and put it back together, while I waited to order then recieve replacements. Tried out the throttle again and everything worked perfect. Bottom line, if you are having the same problems, it may not be the switch, but the plug or the solder on the back of the ckt board where the plug attaches. I have had my Warthog for 5 years, maybe more, I forget.

There is another possibility. I have the Virpil T50 (18 months old) and last week I was flying the A-10C when suddenly two of my 4-way hats stopped doing anything in the sim. Everything else on the throttle worked as it should. I continued without using those two hats (all different views, map etc anyway). Just before ending the mission I checked and they were still not working.

As soon as I finished flying I switched over to the windows game controller panel and found that everything was working just fine. Restarted DCS World and they were working again, and have done since. That occasion was the only time they haven't worked in any sim. So either a stumble in the DCS code or in the VPC software.

Edited by Johnny Dioxin (Brixmis)
spellling

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 1 year later...

Same issues.I just leave home 2 weeks and back,then my joystick DMS down,Trim switch left all dead.I will check the connector of the switch on the board.

• GamingPC: Ryzen 5950X  + 64G RAM + Nvidia 4090 + 1T Dedicated SSD For DCS 
  • HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro
  • HomeServer: Dell R7515 (EPYC 7402 + 1 T RAM + 48T SSD Raid10 + Nvidia A40
  • Network: Google Fiber 2G

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Im having problems with the chinahat doing strange things (going to LSS in the A-10c out of the blue or upon a sudden move of the throttle). Also Boatswitch not behaving properly. Going to WinGamecontrollers (where the buttons did not work correctly either) and resetting them to 'standard' has solved it for me up to now. 

Still Im not sure, if this is a mechanical problem, since the gear-button (gear-warning) definitly is broken.

Not using Target-software. Just standard Windows-drivers. Only about 500, maybe 750 hrs at most on the throttle..

Any suggestions of how to check the chinahat and boatswitch? I guess opening the throttle and checking the cables would be the first step....