Sling Loading Audio Mod

I've re-recorded the sling load audio files in a regular "American" sounding file set.

Does anyone know how I build a mod to use them now?

I've found the folder structure in Saved Games/DCSopenbeta/Sounds/Speech/ENG/Common/External Cargo

and i've placed all my new wav files in there, using the naming conventions is the lua file: 

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Speech\common_events (lines 718-767).

However I can't get the game to use them. I have other voice mods that I'm trying to use as an example that use the same structure for wingman and ATC and they work fine.

It must be something simple I'm missing?

I notice the Wingman folder structure has subfolders for digits, messages, etc.

maybe that's it?

Let me know if you guys can help and if we can get them working I'll post up my updated voice files for everyone to use!

thanks!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for this. I do however have a question. the location you instruct to install this file "Sound" does NOT already exist in that location?

image.png

image.png

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

On 2/23/2021 at 6:09 AM, Fakum said:

Thanks for this. I do however have a question. the location you instruct to install this file "Sound" does NOT already exist in that location?

image.png

image.png

You can create the folder with the directory structure as outlined and DCS will see the mod = no problem

• 1 month later...