Better RWR visibility

Comrade Doge

Hello, the F-16 right now has very poor visibility to the RWR screen, you cannot see the full top part of the display, and thus cannot see head on contacts. Moving the seat up or down doesn't help either, as then the HUD doesn't display properly. If you try to change the Cockpit camera position, same stuff, the HUD gets messed up. A perspective change like the A-10 got would be super helpful in this case. 

Screenshot_2.png.2fe6f3c6744ffd665b3f3d24b371845d.png

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Issue was already brought up in the past. Personally I think the perspective right now ain't good. You can't see the RWR as you've said and you barely can read the MFDs without zooming in. From talking to multiple F-16 pilots - it's not an issue IRL - You easily see the whole RWR and the MFDs are super readable. I don't believe we'll get an ED response here. Maybe just a [Correct as is] 😕 

Regarding the RWR, it's the same issue we had in the A-10C (don't know if it's fixed yet). The default position of the players view is too far forward. If you move your head backwards towards the headrest, not all the way, but a heads distance from it, you can actually see the RWR quite well. You just have to change the default head position to a more realistic one.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Yep that's true, head position needs to adjusted to be able to see RWR but you still don't see the whole thing, I'm sure they scaled it correctly but those F-16C MDFs do look smaller than in any other plane, readability also depends on your monitor size and resolution you are playing on. I have 24" mon with 1080p and I can see the contacts but I need to zoom in to read altitude of FCR contacts etc... I'd love it if I could switch to 2k soon to see the difference.

Personally flying in a Rift S with the correct seat position everything feels perfect. One thing I have noticed is that the "monitor" head position is way too far forward, and this is probably because if you go further back you won't see the entire HUD symbology, something having two eyes fixes. This really isn't a coding problem, rather just a problem with having one point of view compared to two.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 5:28 PM, Furiz said:

... I'd love it if I could switch to 2k soon to see the difference.

2k 32 inches monitor's owner here, f-16's mfds still require zooming. I'm about 1,5 away from the screen, but I don't want to place it closer.

Edited by CoRBan

21 hours ago, CoRBan said:

2k 32 inches monitor's owner here, f-16's mfds still require zooming. I'm about 1,5 away from the screen, but I don't want to place it closer.

I'm playing on a 40" screen at 2k from 3' away and I have the same issue. Need to zoom in to see anything but the contact icons. I also have the same issue with RWR being cut off at the top. I suppose a work around would be to zero in TrackIR with your head closer to the screen than normal and then relax back to normal posture. The only issue with that is that it will throw off hud visibility and require you to then constantly be leaning forward to see it correctly.

This is just like the A-10 HUD issue that took years to fix. 

• Thanks 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP