System upgrade - moving DCS World question

JCook

I need to upgrade my DCS World PC and I want to reinstall DCSWorld and all the modules.

I have a dedicated DCS PC running Windows 7. I will be installing Windows 10 on a new SSD for the OS; with two separate 1TB SSDs for Open Beta and 'Regular' DCS World. I won't be using any of the current SSDs on the rebuild of this system.

My current DCS configuration is messed up and I will be downloading all components to the new SSDs. I'm not interested in trying to migrate any of the current files for the new install.

Once Windows 10 is up and running - can I just connect and download all the components - is there anything I need to be aware of license-wise?

Thanks.

52 minutes ago, JCook said:

Once Windows 10 is up and running - can I just connect and download all the components - is there anything I need to be aware of license-wise?

Yes and No (just need to know your ED user account and password).

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yup, Not interested in doing that. As I mentioned in my post. Current DCS configuration is messed up, I don't want to bring those problems along for the upgrade, so I will be downloading the modules. Re-downloading everything is not an issue.

• Like 1

I upgraded my rig over Christmas and was tempted to copy DCS over from my old system but wasn't sure about registry keys etc. Downloading was a bit slow with the free deal over the holiday period, I guess the servers were getting a thrashing. Brand new install is a good idea with your new Rig.

MoBo Asus TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) / CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / GPU Asus TUF RTX3080 / RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 @ 3600MHz / V-NAND SSD 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 / PSU Corsair RM750 / CPU Cooler Corsair H100i Platinum / OS Win 10 :pilotfly: