GBU-54 DSMS codes

ggoodavish

On a user mission called Smerch Hunt, the Aircraft has four GBU-54's loaded.  In the DSMS page, they have a code of ALN UNS, instead of the code of 1688.  I looked in the profile page, and the code is correct.   What does that mean?  I cannot use them in this state.

1 hour ago, ggoodavish said:

On a user mission called Smerch Hunt, the Aircraft has four GBU-54's loaded.  In the DSMS page, they have a code of ALN UNS, instead of the code of 1688.  I looked in the profile page, and the code is correct.   What does that mean?  I cannot use them in this state.

It just means that the alignment is unsatisfactory, just fly a bit and do a couple turns and it should give a good alignment.  The code never changed.

Cheers

Edited by Thump

4 hours ago, Thump said:

That's definitely odd.  Did you by chance change your loadout without re-loading the DSMS via the LOAD page?

Then the pylon would be marked red on the DSMS. He probably just flew straight too much, as the weapon alignment degrades if the aircraft doesn't fly turns.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, =52d= Skip said:

Worked for me just now, but I did change to a Hotstart Plane.

So my guess would be that you either missed a step while starting up or did not fully align before taking off?

Don't have to be the case. The JDAMs in the A-10C loose their alignment if you fly straight for too long, even when they aligned all fine on startup.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg