WW 1 DCS World FULL RELEASE (January 2022)

On 1/24/2021 at 3:10 AM, Dweeeeb said:

BETA Version......

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RpgZS3mhH8d5HDnOFr0g1vJLy31NmT9U/view?usp=sharing

Unzip, then copy and paste the entire folder into "C:\Users\XXXXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft"

You should then have the structure "C:\Users\XXXXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\WW 1 DCS Flying Circus"

TO REMOVE IT.....just delete the Folder again....simple!

-SNIP-

Unfortunately this mod doesn't seem to be compatible with 2.7.0.

I tried everything to get the game to start. I removed the mods folder and voila, so I started

removing mods 1 by 1 and when I got to this one, it wouldn't open until I removed it.

I have been a real fan of this mod. Is there an updated version? The one I have is from 01/26/2021.

Edited by rayrayblues

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• 3 months later...

@Dweeeeb

BUMP....Any chance you can get this mod going again? It's been 8 months.

I sure do miss it. I have RoF and Il2 Flying Circus, but this one worked really well with the ME. Gave me more options.

Thanks, Ray

• Like 2

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Hey ..... working on this WW1 stuff...... I am updating all the Beta files to improve flight models, collisions, animations, textures, etc.etc.etc....... It takes time..... hopefully get a RELEASE version out in Jan 2022.....

RAFSE5a.jpg

FoclerV11.jpg

bristolMC.jpg

cavalry.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

rayrayblues

PS.... Appreciate the comments and youtube vid....... good work...... FYI, none of the modders (that I know of) have managed to make a water-landable plane yet...... The code just isnt there..... So we would have to make our own work around..... we try, we fail, we try again..... but it isnt at the top of my list to do....

• Like 1

You might be already aware of this - there was a floatplane mod a while back that "faked" it by putting a landing strip just under the water (IIRC).

Of course, that's  a hack but from what I remember it was pretty convincing provided you didn't fall off the strip. 😄

The ability to actually land on the water would be the preferred solution but I'd suspect only ED can provide that functionality.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, spacemishka said:

Thanks for this mod.....but i cant find the download link 🙂

Unfortunately, original mod no longer works - but Dweeeb says he is working on an update, so hopefully this great mod, will be available again in the near future

Edited by ggrewe

• 3 weeks later...
  • Dweeeeb changed the title to WW 1 DCS World FULL RELEASE (January 2022)

Awesome job Mate!

Congrats!

Looks like my week end is now planned.

WW1, here we come!

Thanks for all you do!

Cheers!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Thanks a lot for the heads-up 👍

Just tried it for a bit, looks really nice, tough some of  the propeller animations are not as good as the official aircrafts:

ReB02HU.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Thanks a lot for the heads-up 👍

Just tried it for a bit, looks really nice, tough some of  the propeller animations are not as good as the official aircrafts:

ReB02HU.jpg

I'm just glad these WW1 aircraft are flyable again.  Just spent some time trying to land the Sopwith Camel on the WW1 carrier and then tried dogfighting the Red Baron (of course, he won in the end...)

Awesome addon, must have been incredible work, many thanks! 👍
I noticed a folder 'WW 1 Ships' with an entry.lua referenzing to objects (e.g. 'hms_bounty_furled_sails') that I found nowhere. Maybe a left-over? Or a teaser for things to come?

If I may add: In the Sopwith Camel's VR cockpit view the lower wings are not visible ─ only the ailerons. At least from top. The upper wings are visible, from topview, too. Haven't yet tested many of the flyable aircraft.

Camel VR cockpit view.jpg

Edited by J-1775

On 2/7/2022 at 10:08 AM, J-1775 said:

I noticed a folder 'WW 1 Ships' with an entry.lua referenzing to objects (e.g. 'hms_bounty_furled_sails') that I found nowhere. Maybe a left-over? Or a teaser for things to come?

Man... you been digging around!..... lol ...... sorry that was just a place holder for the Beta ships..... the sailing ships were all removed.... well..... they were crap..... and TBH not appropriate or at all realistic.....

On 2/7/2022 at 10:08 AM, J-1775 said:

If I may add: In the Sopwith Camel's VR cockpit view the lower wings are not visible ─ only the ailerons. At least from top. The upper wings are visible, from topview, too. Haven't yet tested many of the flyable aircraft.

Darn.....  thought I'd fixed that..... one of my favourite planes too!!...... OK... I wil upload a fixed version ..... sorry the WHOLE mod again.....

• Thanks 3

Many thanks Dweeeeb for the fix! I love those machines ─ though I must confess I currently 'misuse' them mostly for slow low-level sightseeing along the coasts of the Marianas...😇
Now for something completely different. A problem for which you after your immense work and acquired experience might have the answer.
I have a nice and fully licensed shipwreck model. It'd be the developer's dream. Placed in different angles (until upside down) on the seaground it looks very different. However, to achieve that I currently have to create and export different.edm 'shapes'.:doh:All with their own LODs...:doh: :doh:
Apart from cardinal direction, is there a way to place one and the same object in different tilted positions in ME?

Edited by J-1775

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Unfortunately does not work for me. I did acording to "Guide" - unziped into C:/Users/DCSW.openbeta/Mods/Arircraft. During logging in message is shown "Not authorized module will be disabled". Module manager shows WWI module in gray (not active) colour. Mission Editor - no planes visible when choosing from the list.
Could you give me a tip please ?

Edited by ZaHaDum

"Ніяка в світі сила нас не зламає, бо нас коріння наше в землі тримає"

I don't think I get a reply from this one but I'll give it a shot.

A.I. infantry does not work (doesn't move or appear on the map F10) 
Aircrafts bounce, stall out, shoots through the ground when landing (sometimes gets stuck in the air when stalling out)

If you have any recommendations or fixes, kindly share them here so other players like myself can fix this bug in this otherwise magnificent mod 😀

Oh and kudos to the team that made this! thank you so much for giving us this WWI mod 😍

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2022 at 7:40 AM, ZaHaDum said:

During logging in message is shown "Not authorized module will be disabled".

This message is always caused by the mod being placed on the DCS program folder instead of at /saved games/ … you say that you have it at /saved games/ but check the program folder too, perhaps you have it also there by mistake.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 6 months later...