DCS Moving Map

Bergison

Once again thank you for your add-on.
One comment: It seems that the Syria map is not reflecting the latest one available in DCS (i.e including whole  Cyprus)  

• Like 1

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

4 hours ago, Bergison said:

The OLD version didn't have Cyprus included, the NEW one does. Please download the new version from: https://movingmap.bergison.com/download

syria_test.jpg

I thought I did. I will try again. Thanks!

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 6:00 PM, Geraki said:

Nice tool is this possible with lua editing this one

I don't think so. And if it is, it is well beyond my abilities.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:02 PM, AceSand1 said:

Have some problem..Android...connects fine ! but there are no map ?  (Caucasus free)

even if the status in the top-middle says "offline" then at least the Caucasus map should be displayed (without your position). If there is no map at all, then it might have to to with your device. There are some older Android devices which have struggles loading large images (like the maps). Could you please tell me which device you are using and which version of Android? Thanks!

my simpit website: bergisons.simpit.info

• 2 weeks later...

Great Job on the Android Version. Was an instant buy.

Addition of Marianas Map in the future would be appreciated. This would complete the modern maps. And its a free map :).

Are there any plans for additional features? Airport Charts maybe? Or simple a PDF viewer so you could swipe right and left to swtich between checklists and moving map?

Either way, Thanks a lot

• Like 1

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

• 3 weeks later...

The download was doing the same for me but I just sat there and kept clicking retry every time it failed until it finally finished lol. 

@Bergison I’m having issues with the map being a bit “laggy” when trying to pan around. Outside of that, it’s a tremendous mod, keep up the good work. 

EDIT:  ill add when the exe is stating offline and im not in MP, it moves perfectly fine..no issues. Only turns into a non-moving struggle when i get online.

Edited by SmeagleGoneWild
Added MP comment

Ryzen 7 5800x w/ PBO on, RTX 3070ti w/ OC, 32 GB RAM @3000 | Quest 2, Virpil Joystick, Throttle, and Rudder

• 2 months later...

UPDATE to Android version 6 was just released! These are the major changes:

• Performance improvement: I was able to eliminate the reason for lags when panning/zooming with many objects on the map (eg multiplayer servers or large missions). The app should now run much smoother also on older Android systems.
  • Added a Kneeboard/Image viewer as requested: a file browser is now accessible with the new button "KNEEBOARD" where .jpg files can be selected and viewed. Just copy/download desired .jpg files to your Android device (eg to Documents/Kneeboards) and view them from within the app.
  • Added a Chaff/Flare remaining info to the ownship info box.

NOTE: please download and install the new Windows Verison from my website (https://movingmap.bergison.com/download) and copy the Scripts folder to your DCS SavedGames directory. As some DCS hooked exports have changed (eg. to include Flare/Chaff counter), this is needed for the new version to work properly.

Edited by Bergison
Note added
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

my simpit website: bergisons.simpit.info

Thanks for the update. Looking forward using the kneeboard.
On a small screen (Mobile Phone), the "KNEEBOARD" button will sit over the "ALT" button. I assume this won't be a problem with displays larger than 6-7".

Any news if/when Marianas will be added?

Thanks

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 4:30 PM, Bergison said:

UPDATE to Android version 6 was just released! These are the major changes:

• Performance improvement: I was able to eliminate the reason for lags when panning/zooming with many objects on the map (eg multiplayer servers or large missions). The app should now run much smoother also on older Android systems.
  • Added a Kneeboard/Image viewer as requested: a file browser is now accessible with the new button "KNEEBOARD" where .jpg files can be selected and viewed. Just copy/download desired .jpg files to your Android device (eg to Documents/Kneeboards) and view them from within the app.
  • Added a Chaff/Flare remaining info to the ownship info box.

NOTE: please download and install the new Windows Verison from my website (https://movingmap.bergison.com/download) and copy the Scripts folder to your DCS SavedGames directory. As some DCS hooked exports have changed (eg. to include Flare/Chaff counter), this is needed for the new version to work properly.

Hi I just tried this PC app and noticed that the Syria map does not cover the southern part of the DCS map, my plane was off the map. It needs to be extended south, also I'm not sure how much it matters but your map covers a lot more North than the DCS map. Thanks.

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB