DCS Moving Map

Bergison

13 minutes ago, Dozer1606688093 said:

Think I made a mistake. I put the two folders in the Saved games folder, and not in the open beta folder. Maybe that's why it isn't working. When reading the installation process, it's said to put the folder in the Saved games folder. Maybe I misunderstood that part. 

yes, you need to put it in the openbeta 

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this. Looks awesome.  I'm wondering if it might be possible to create a version that emulates the PMFD of the F-22 for the Raptor mod? Where enema aircraft are red triangles, friendlies are green circles, own flight are blue circles and threat emitters are red pentagons with associated (reduced) detection range circles? You can see some of the details below.

f22.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please make an iOS version. It would be really great if this would work with the iPad.

cheers

• Like 1

"Sometimes, flying feels too God-like to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see."

– Charles A. Lindbergh

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for making this. I actually got it to work both on the pc as well as my tablet. I tend to prefer the windows app because my tablet is smallish. I am a little confused about the pw-dev setting control panel in DCS settings -> special. 

1) Why  is there a checkbox to edit the config.lua file?  Isnt this file editable in notepadd++?

2) It allows 4 device IPs but I still have to put the single ip of the map client in the Setttings-> Moving map panel. So I dont know why those 4 devices are listed since you can only have one active client whose IP has to be specidied in the Moving map panel.

3) Also, there is a configuration for streamdeck. I already use DCS Exports and have a line in my export.lua file for it. This is what my export.lua file looks like:

-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])
local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

pcall(function() local pw=require('lfs');dofile(pw.writedir()..[[Scripts\pw-dev_script\ExportInit.lua]]); end,nil);

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

• 2 weeks later...

It's a very helpful app (thank you for this work) but I am missing the Marianas map. Is there any plan to implement it in the near future?

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

Bought this today, works fine on Android but when using the PC app my controls do weird things. Button presses on my throttle and the keyboard command to set half speed. Weird.

EDIT: It also sends my controls crazy when using the phone app.

If I find it is not the map app doing it I will let you know, but so far I have only had this control problem twice, both time using the map app.

Edited by truebrit

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 9:08 PM, truebrit said:

Bought this today, works fine on Android but when using the PC app my controls do weird things. Button presses on my throttle and the keyboard command to set half speed. Weird.

EDIT: It also sends my controls crazy when using the phone app.

If I find it is not the map app doing it I will let you know, but so far I have only had this control problem twice, both time using the map app.

Very strange indeed. Never had any problems like this on my system while testing. MovingMap does not look for keypresses and does not send any. Anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks for everybody's replies! Yes, the Mariannas and the South Atlantic maps are planned for future updates. So is a release for iOS. It might take some time though, as I am very busy with my 'real job' currently. I hope there will be more time for development in the future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

my simpit website: bergisons.simpit.info

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I just tried with the latest DCS open beta (2.7.17.29140) and on my tablet, phone and PC and everything works. Could you check if the required files are still in your /Mods and /Scripts folders?  You might also have to re-enter your devices IP address in the Specials tab within DCS (although a wrong or missing entry there should not cause the app to crash...?)

Please report if the problems persist!

my simpit website: bergisons.simpit.info

I installed and checked several times following your advice, but I always have the same problem of Android application which closes when it tries to connect on the Windows application.

I Launch DCS and mission, and i launch DCS Moving map app Windows and launch DCS Moving map app Android in this order.

My Export.lua

-----WinWing
local wwtlfs=require('lfs')
dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')

-----Helios
local wwtlfs=require('lfs')
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\Helios\HeliosExport16.lua]])

-----DCS UFC
--local pw=require('lfs');dofile(pw.writedir()..[[Scripts\pw-dev_script\ExportInit.lua]])
--pcall(function() local pw=require('lfs');dofile(pw.writedir()..[[Scripts\pw-dev_script\ExportInit.lua]]); end,nil);

-----VAICOM
--local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

-----DCS BIOS
BIOS = {}; BIOS.LuaScriptDir = [[C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\]]; BIOS.PluginDir = [[C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming/DCS-BIOS/Plugins\]]; if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) end --[[DCS-BIOS Automatic Setup]]

-----SRS
pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

-----TACVIEW
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/9/2021 at 5:20 PM, Bergison said:

1) are .jpg format and named exactly like the original ones (e.g. 'Caucasus.jpg')

2) have the same pixel size (e.g. 6750 x 4000 px for the Caucasus map)

3) span the same area (e.g. 36,5°E - 45,5°E and 41°N - 45°N for the Caucasus map)

When I get the properties of the Caucasus map, I get this:

image.png

How should I scale my map? I would like to use the attached map:

Caucasus.jpg

Its property details are:

image.png

It seems to work OK as is. Does DPI affect accuracy of indicated location?

Edited by skypickle

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

• 3 months later...