Is it possible to bind mode and pinkie switches of X52 as buttons on DCS without using the joystick software?

Barbar

Hi

I have a X52 pro as well.

In order to have a constant behavior of my joystick I always open first the game controller window -> properties  

THEN I start the game (DCS , Elite, FS2020, you name it) with the properties window still opened.

I can set the right pinkie switch as a modifier without a problem, and my mini stick & related buttons are no longer recognized as a mouse, which is perfectly fine by me.

I haven't tried to set the mode wheel as a modifiers though.

I don't mess with the joystick software and not I'm not intending to 

hope this helps.

Edited by pixie
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, pixie said:

Hi

I have a X52 pro as well.

In order to have a constant behavior of my joystick I always open first the game controller window -> properties  

THEN I start the game (DCS , Elite, FS2020, you name it) with the properties window still opened.

I can set the right pinkie switch as a modifier without a problem, and my mini stick & related buttons are no longer recognized as a mouse, which is perfectly fine by me.

I haven't tried to set the mode wheel as a modifiers though.

I don't mess with the joystick software and not I'm not intending to 

hope this helps.

Thanks, this does the job.

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad for the ministick, but eventually you have to let it go. I'd rather have assigned on the throttle grip  the extra mouse buttons (hey ! that's 3 of them)  and the up/down wheel any day.

My regular mouse is doing great with cockpit clicking duties. I reckon IRL you have to use one of your hand to access the console switches an dials.  So I'm fine grabbing the mouse and play the piano in my pit ^^