Wingtip Unfold problem

Hi, for some reason my wingtip unlock handle is defaulting to open. If I use the mouse or the binding on the winwing takeoff panel to unlock it it just comes back up again. I've unplugged all peripherals and checked with any conflicting keybindings all of which didn't help. Has anyone else had this?? All other modules are fine

• ED Team

Hi, 

seems ok here, can you include a track replay of it happening, just so we can check it. 

Do you have the unfold mapped to a switch and do you use synchronise HOTAS in the settings?

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi Big Newy thanks for replying, like I said I did have it mapped to my Winwing take off panel, but removed the bindings to check if something was conflicting. I also unplugged all of them and it's still happening. Errm I guess I can try and record it but I only have VR so not sure how too... it's not too hard to imaging though I clcick on itfor it to move to the right and however many times I do that it's moves back to the upright position

Edited by Templar560

• ED Team

Have you checked the switch in windows, make sure the contact is good and you dont have a lose connection maybe?

you can save a track replay when you exit a mission, during the debrief window. just make it nice and short to show the issue, I can also take control of it and test it my end then. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It does really look like you've got something bound to 'Wing Fold Control Handle - CW/Right'. That's the only obvious explanation for it moving straight back.

Can you double-check that in the control options? Might need to scroll right to show all attached devices.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

You could try to move the entire ...\input\F-18\ folder to the desktop from your ...\user\saved games\DCS open beta\ dir to see if that does anything. If that solves the problem you can copy the sub folders in the F-18 dir back one by one to find out what the culprit is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

On 2/1/2021 at 6:56 PM, Svend_Dellepude said:

You could try to move the entire ...\input\F-18\ folder to the desktop from your ...\user\saved games\DCS open beta\ dir to see if that does anything. If that solves the problem you can copy the sub folders in the F-18 dir back one by one to find out what the culprit is.

Hi thanks, I went through all my settings to make sure nothing was interfering and there really was no problem with them. I downloaded last Wednesday's update and mysteriously the problem has now been solved...!