Unique Pilot name tag under the cockpit

Badlego

Hello,

It would be awesome If we can write our names on the external model under the cockpit. It is already possible to enter a unique tail Number at the rearming menu. Maybe something similar can be added there for the pilot name and callsign.

Best Regards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I mean this can be done with a custom livery eg: you have a permanent name tag not changeable unless you edit the livery, but I see what you’re asking for and it would be cool so you could have a custom name tag on any livery setup for it.

Edited by aviation360
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to get some positive feedback about this. Thank you very much!

A static name with a custom livery only works if everyone has the skins plus you need a complete skin for every pilot in your flight although only the nametags are different. And this can take a huge amount of disc image and maintenance. I am therefore hoping for an answer from ED about this topic.

There are some standard liveries, that have a box on the edge of the cockpit glas for nametags, e.g. the 152nd Fighter Squadron "Las Vaqueros"-Skin. That is the place where the nametag entry should go then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Badlego said:

Nice to get some positive feedback about this. Thank you very much!

A static name with a custom livery only works if everyone has the skins plus you need a complete skin for every pilot in your flight although only the nametags are different. And this can take a huge amount of disc image and maintenance. I am therefore hoping for an answer from ED about this topic.

There are some standard liveries, that have a box on the edge of the cockpit glas for nametags, e.g. the 152nd Fighter Squadron "Las Vaqueros"-Skin. That is the place where the nametag entry should go then.

Hi.

One more positive feedback from Spain!

Saludos.

Saca111

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 8:33 PM, Badlego said:

Hello,

It would be awesome If we can write our names on the external model under the cockpit. It is already possible to enter a unique tail Number at the rearming menu. Maybe something similar can be added there for the pilot name and callsign.

Best Regards.

I have my liveries with my name/callsign on it but i learned by myself how to edit vectors etc, so, my workaround was doing it by the hard way, with trial/error. But i agree with you, i wish we have it as a core/default option.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.