CCIP Ripple Bombs

Caldera

Hey all;

So I never quite know if I am doing something wrong.  Please take a look at the pictures. 

So no points off for my bad aim please  These pictures show 18 Mk-82 rippled single off at 75 foot intervals. 

First picture is my target range.

RWY TGT.gif

This picture is a bomb run that I released as the pipper just as it crossed the first vehicle.

Bombs shot target fall short.gif

This picture shows me releasing as the pipper crosses about the 4th vehicle.

Bombs shot long fall short.gif

From all appearances it shows the pipper and the calculated impact point is not really where it visually appears to be.  In my case for 18 bombs it looks like the pipper is really calculating the drop for 9th bomb (middle) not the first bomb.

Is this correct?

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

I would guess that this behaviour is correct, but bear in mind that I'm basing this on my Harrier knowledge (as is should work, not neccessarily ingame representation), so it might vary in the Hog. In the Harrier, when you use ARBS and want to do multiple drops, you would select appropriate number of bombs and then aim at the middle of what you want to target. That way, ARBS calculates how much bombs to release prior to that point and how much after.

What you have shown in the screenshots describes just about that, so I guess it is as intended

On 1/27/2021 at 4:10 PM, Caldera said:

Thanks!

The result is not what I expected.

Out of curiosity, Is there a setting that can be changed to drop at the first bombs CCIP?

Caldera

No.  Middle of the weapons is how CCIP works.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro