C-101 Campaign

Vibora

• 4 months later...

The campaign missions are set to enforce all difficulty settings. No external views, etc. Is that by design, or accidental?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil WarBRD, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

8 hours ago, some1 said:

The campaign missions are set to enforce all difficulty settings. No external views, etc.

Hi,

In my view, these options are more about realism than difficulty, but thankfully this being a free Campaign means that it is not copy protected like the DLC Campaigns are, and so you can load each mission of the Campaign and edit its options to suit your preferences, like this:

l6BZwMW.jpg

Be sure to save a copy of the edited campaign missions afterwards, as a DCS update could overwrite your changes.

Best regards.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 10 months later...

In mission 7 of the campaign the necessary triggers are not being fired to consider "mission successful".

I've tried doing it several times and nothing...they are not fired.

I have played it by launching it from the mission editor, I've added triggers to debug and see if it correctly detects the elimination of the two armored vehicles and 50% of the infantry, and then yes, both debug triggers and the ones that bring the mission... it has happened to someone else who has commented on the recording that I uploaded to youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8--Y3oZF78

I don't know what could be happening, it's weird as hell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

En la misión 7 de la campaña no se están disparando los triggers necesarios para darla por exitosa. He probado hacerla varias veces y nada...no saltan.

La he jugado lanzandola desde el editor de misiones, le he añadido triggers a modo de log para ver si detecta correctamente la eliminación de los dos blindados y del 50% de la infanteria y ahí si, se lanzan tanto los triggers de log como los que trae la misión...

Por lo que veo le ha pasado a alguien más que me ha comentado en la grabación que subí a youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8--Y3oZF78

No se que puede estar pasando, es raro de narices.

27 minutes ago, Mightyrobert said:

In mission 7 of the campaign the necessary triggers are not being fired to consider "mission successful".

maybe its a bug introduced on newer versions of DCS, I flew this mission last year and didn’t  notice this issue:

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 year later...

Thanks to the author of this campaign! It's challenging, but I really enjoy it so far.

After 3 attempts, I finally finished mission 1. The last path of the route with the ILS landing was a bit stressful, because the runway was not visible until you're only 200 ft high! You really need to trust the ILS 🙂

The 2nd mission also took me at least 4 attempts. Had to find the quickest way to get the C-101 started. Actually it's not that complex. The hardest part was to shoot down the helicopter. The Mi-8 seems very tough. I don't remember how many missiles and gun rounds I shot and it was still running. The only way I could shoot it down was to sneak behind it and shoot a missile very close to it.

Next week, I'll go on with the next missions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

On 6/3/2024 at 12:15 AM, Vibora said:

Thank you! Nice to see that people keep enjoying the campaign.

Another one of those here. I have so much fun with the C-101 and your campaign. So even after comming from the F-4E and climbing into the cockpit of this lovely little bird, I can't say it is less enjoyable than any other top module in DCS.

Thank you for keeping up a great job of maintaining the aircraft and the campaign.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tom Kazansky said:

Another one of those here. I have so much fun with the C-101 and your campaign. So even after comming from the F-4E and climbing into the cockpit of this lovely little bird, I can't say it is less enjoyable than any other top module in DCS.

Thank you for keeping up a great job of maintaining the aircraft and the campaign.

Oh, you must be mistaken.  Spudknocker just released a video where he says no one gives a damn about trainers.

2 minutes ago, kontiuka said:

Oh, you must be mistaken.  Spudknocker just released a video where he says no one gives a damn about trainers.

Well, I can confirm that Spud does not know me. 😉

Maybe trainers are much more interesting for people that have "flown" everything else for thousands of hours in 35 years of simming than for people who start simming?

It is the limitation of performance envelopes that attracts me. And the quality of the DCS C-101 is outstanding.

(Have all trainers in DCS.)

• Like 5

So who's opinion did he copy this time? He also believes the Equator goes through the Middle East. Oh, well...
I do personally love the C-101. Has some the best training missions out of the box!
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 3