Patch 27-01-2021 Feedback Thread

IronMike

As usual, dear all, the feedback thread for today's patch. Below please find the current changelog. As always many thanks for your feedback.

DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations

• NEW: Added ability to enter length and heading associated with waypoints on TID.
  • NEW: Added Co-Op version of Operation Reforger.
  • NEW: Added SuperCarrier version of Operation Reforger (WIP).
  • Added clickable cockpit on/off toggle to mouse keybindings.
  • Added Eng online manual URL to /Docs/.
  • Fixed AIM-9 Training Mission.
  • Fixed M-61 Training Mission.
  • Fixed various issues in Operation Reforger Campaign (typos, bugs, etc.).
  • Fixed Walkman crashing to desktop when switching tape sides.
  • Associate launched TWS AIM-54 with a track rather than object; to disambiguate multiple tracks with the same target object.
  • Internal work on missile API abstraction layer for future API changes.
  • Fixed JESTER staying in TWS-A with inflight missiles but no launched TWS tracks.
  • Fixed JESTER B-1 Lancer callouts.
  • Prioritized kneeboard datalink list by AWACS, Carrier, others.
  • Fixed RIO Airspeed indicator bugs not being able to be set.
  • Fixed clock becoming inaccurate over time.
  • Slightly improved DDD shader performance.
  • Fixed night backlighting on RIO weapons drum (TURN visible constantly).
  • Fixed gaps in ECS tubing connections.
  • Fixed various instances of Z-Fighting.
  • Increased AoA indicator peak brightness.
  • Fixed Indexer brightness control not influencing AOA indexer light intensity.
  • Fixed G Meter needle clipping into its dial face.
  • Increased brightness/reach of refuel probe light.
  • Fixed DN LOCK ORIDE lever moving with emerg hyd pump handle.
  • Fixed first digit in the Mode 3/A code panel animating incorrectly.
  • Added missing stencil for missile cooling.
  • Fixed formation lights not being visible in LoD 1.
  • Adjusted various aspects of TID rendering for more accuracy:
    • Increased space between radar upper/lower and elev angle
    • Repositioned weapon status
    • Fixed missing + inside circle of own aircraft symbol
    • Fixed missing altitude on some waypoint symbols
    • Slightly tweaked degree and minute symbol positions in TID font
    • Slightly tweaked degree symbol shape (now less round) in TID font
    • Added decimal point to lat long format and moved minute symbol to the end
  • Fixed max length of all TID vectors from 1.35" to 1.5".
  • Fixd JETT button moving together with ORIDE lever.
  • Fixed unbalanced internal afterburner sounds (L/R balance).
  • Added some TF-30 intake whine to interior sounds for F-14A.
  • Fixed playback location of afterburner sounds internally.
  • Improved sound balance in the cockpit slightly.
  • Adjusted drag for fuselage fuel tanks.
  • Fixed some instances of TF-30 disassembly/fire at ~Mach 1.
  • Fixed DLC ground spoiler operation.
  • Fixed Man devices partial deploy issue.
  • Adjusted TIT high altitude temperature model.
  • Added downlock override for landing gear.
  • Increased pitch with power effects.
  • Tweaked drag in the transonic region.

Known issue: the Co-Op missions for OP Reforger seem not to have merged in, our apologies for that. If you do not want to wait till the next patch, you can download them attached below in the meantime.

EDIT: ALL MISSIONS ARE INCLUDED WITH YOUR F-14 DOWNLOAD NOW. ATTACHMENTS REMOVED.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

42 minutes ago, Alborz 1-1 said:

so is the B turn rate fixed?:D

Likely not yet fully, performance is still being tweaked.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

Perhaps a silly question but how do you actually run the CoOp version referenced here:

NEW: Added Co-Op version of Operation Reforger

Is there a miz file somewhere that can be used on a dedicated or locally hosted server instance?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• Added clickable cockpit on/off toggle to mouse keybindings.

won’t be able to try the patch for a few days. What exactly does this do? 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

"Associate launched TWS AIM-54 with a track rather than object; to disambiguate multiple tracks with the same target object."

Slightly curious, what is the practical effect of this?

• Like 1

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Screen_210127_160039.png

Full Zone 5, 45k feet, clean bird... is taking FOREVER to get through the transonic region... been at this altitude and configuration for quite some time and just now breaking the Mach 1.1 zone.  But curiously... full AB and only 2900lbs of fuel per minute?  Seems a touch... low for full AB?

Topped out at Mach 2.1 when the engines went out.  Was at Mach 1.9, again, completely clean, with 1k fuel left!

Edited by Whiskey11
  • Like 1

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

Just did a quick and dirty spin around the block and here's what I found so far.

- The engines catching fire at 30k+ feet around M1.1 seems to be resolved

- You can reach M1.2-1.3 on the deck now with just two external tanks in the 14A

- M1.6 around 25K with two tanks

- Around 30k and above feet there seems to be much more drag than at sea level however, the thing struggles to push past 1.1 or 1.2 with two tanks, making it seem like there is way more drag at altitude than at sea level or below 25k.

- the base AOA indexer brightness is increased now but the INDEXER control wheel still doesnt control the brightness of it (something the DECM switch used to do last pach). So I hope this feature gets added in the next one.

Overall a decent improvement and I do hope the weird drag anomalies and the turn performance get fixed in the next one.

• Like 2

Went out to Mach 1.6 with two bags, four Sparrows and four Winders - at 30000ft.

She was still slowly accelerating, but I had to rendezvous with my tanker, so I came out of burner at just under 8000lbs.

Didn't seem too bad to me.

I wasn't following the best acceleration-schedule (areas of greatest Ps) anyway.

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

Same, 6x AIM7 and 2X AIM9 gave me like M1.8 at 33k - oddly enough a clean jet really struggled to push M1.1 at the same alt. Really odd stuff. Moral of all of this is - high altitude drag seems a bit weird - especially that wall near 1.1

Edited by Skysurfer

Hi @IronMikeThanks for a comprehensive update.

Related to:

• Fixed RIO Airspeed indicator bugs not being able to be set.

The pilots ASI bugs still function incorrectly - There is no use in having "settable" bugs if the bugs don't work as they should.  Both bugs keep IMN as opposed toeing able to bug  IAS.  

This has been reported in the past, is there any chance it can be corrected?

Kind regards,

Dave

5小时前,zildac说:

Perhaps a silly question but how do you actually run the CoOp version referenced here:

Is there a miz file somewhere that can be used on a dedicated or locally hosted server instance?

not implemented yet

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

5 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

- Around 30k and above feet there seems to be much more drag than at sea level however, the thing struggles to push past 1.1 or 1.2 with two tanks, making it seem like there is way more drag at altitude than at sea level or below 25k.

Ditto. Tried it without the tanks too, 4 Sparrows and 4 Winders. Still getting stuck around mach 1.2. Setting fuel to infinite and time compression to 8x, took me several minutes to reach mach 1.8 at 38000ft.

8 hours ago, Alborz 1-1 said:

so is the B turn rate fixed?:D

Nope. At least not likely as the F-14A is still 0.3-0.4g behind at 315-317 knots 0ft ASL. Same difference as before the patch.

Edited by captain_dalan

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

AIM-7 LTE problem -- launched at PSTT/PDSTT with ACM cover up , LTE will be 0.7s , but ACM cover should be ignore when WCS have a track .test-1 - AIM-7 3 shoot in pstt with acm cover up(same with pdstt) and 3 shoot with normal pstt or pdstt.trk

and

it should not been illuminated by default .

Edited by Alphabet_Ghost

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

VF-103 Jolly Rogers CAG livery got messed up on the close in view to black nose and rear fuselage.  From an F3 flyby or clicked out a bit it goes away. I found the transition point about halfway where it was only doing it in the right eye and not the left on my VR.  

20210127205514_1.jpg

20210127205519_1.jpg

20210127210523_1.jpg

20210127211534_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BirdFarm said:

Has anyone else had issues with the funky cockpit sounds? Its always a constant whine over the normal intake whine. 

The gear lever also sounds like a really light tab of metal as opposed to the clunk of a lever it was. 

Gear lever sound definitely changed.  When I first started Case I comms I thought it was dimmer but my second go around sounded normal. 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

9 hours ago, zildac said:

Our apologies, for some reason the "Multi" folder did not merge in, when we added them, only the SC version and the training mission fixes. I attached them in the initial comment of this thread if you want to download them in the meantime.

Heatblur Simulations

40 minutes ago, Uxi said:

VF-103 Jolly Rogers CAG livery got messed up on the close in view to black nose and rear fuselage.  From an F3 flyby or clicked out a bit it goes away. I found the transition point about halfway where it was only doing it in the right eye and not the left on my VR. 

Uxi, can you please try running a repair? It may be that your file got corrupted during updating for some reason, we just checked the relevant file, and it doesnt show any of the black.

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

5 hours ago, Alphabet_Ghost said:
not implemented yet

So it's in the release notes as "added" but it's not? Care to elaborate?

Disregard, answered by IronMike. Thanks for the useful info though 😄

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, IronMike said:

Our apologies, for some reason the "Multi" folder did not merge in, when we added them, only the SC version and the training mission fixes. I attached them in the initial comment of this thread if you want to download them in the meantime.

Many thanks, I thought I waas going mad! 😀

Could we get a clarification on the following patch notes: 

• Associate launched TWS AIM-54 with a track rather than object; to disambiguate multiple tracks with the same target object.
  • Internal work on missile API abstraction layer for future API changes.
  • Fixed JESTER staying in TWS-A with inflight missiles but no launched TWS tracks.

It's not entirely clear what this changes with regards to the missile performance and tracking. Thank you. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

11 hours ago, Whiskey11 said:

Full Zone 5, 45k feet, clean bird... is taking FOREVER to get through the transonic region... been at this altitude and configuration for quite some time and just now breaking the Mach 1.1 zone.  But curiously... full AB and only 2900lbs of fuel per minute?  Seems a touch... low for full AB?

Topped out at Mach 2.1 when the engines went out.  Was at Mach 1.9, again, completely clean, with 1k fuel left!

Those FF gauges don't show AB flow like in other planes, that's just your dry FF. Anyway, I also tried her again today and barely made it to just under 2.2 whereas (well, before the December update) I could get her to 2.35 before. So basically the A now is as slow as the B - and lacking in speed.

However: When reading from the bottom bar and taking the "TAS" there through a calculator, they do reach around 2.34ish, BUT: Literally every other plane in DCS is faster than they should by that method, so the Tomcat being measured differently doesn't compare. IIRC someone found out about a year ago, that the "TAS" in the bar actually is EAS, but I failed to understand what EAS actually is TBH, only got it so far that that was the cause for the speeds being too high on that infobar for almost all planes. Point is, I can reach the known Mach numbers in other planes in IMN, just not in the Tomcats.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

F-14A and B are missing from the mission editor aircraft selection. Its not listed at all even if you don't have the module. There's an issue with it in fast mission also. The selection is there but when you go to fly mission, it just continues to load.

Also, at least for me the new Zone 5 campaign was not loaded.