Patch 27-01-2021 Feedback Thread

IronMike

1 hour ago, Omega One said:

F-14A and B are missing from the mission editor aircraft selection. Its not listed at all even if you don't have the module. There's an issue with it in fast mission also. The selection is there but when you go to fly mission, it just continues to load.

Also, at least for me the new Zone 5 campaign was not loaded. 

Mission editor works just fine. Make sure you aren't time-era restricted.

As for Zone 5, it isn't made by HB. You need to buy that separately.

mission editor.jpg

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

9 minutes ago, captain_dalan said:

Mission editor works just fine. Make sure you aren't time-era restricted.

As for Zone 5, it isn't made by HB. You need to buy that separately.

mission editor.jpg

NEGATIVE. I just checked. its not showing for me in mission editor. Its been working so not sure what "time-era restricted" has to do with it. I also forgot to mention the A-10A is missing as well. Then only U.S jet that is indicated in mission editor for me is the F-15 (Flaming Cliffs). The all other F3 jets are present.

2 hours ago, Eldur said:

Those FF gauges don't show AB flow like in other planes, that's just your dry FF. Anyway, I also tried her again today and barely made it to just under 2.2 whereas (well, before the December update) I could get her to 2.35 before. So basically the A now is as slow as the B - and lacking in speed.

However: When reading from the bottom bar and taking the "TAS" there through a calculator, they do reach around 2.34ish, BUT: Literally every other plane in DCS is faster than they should by that method, so the Tomcat being measured differently doesn't compare. IIRC someone found out about a year ago, that the "TAS" in the bar actually is EAS, but I failed to understand what EAS actually is TBH, only got it so far that that was the cause for the speeds being too high on that infobar for almost all planes. Point is, I can reach the known Mach numbers in other planes in IMN, just not in the Tomcats.

I have a similar knowledge of this. I found that seeing speed indicator reading as INM is correct through a calculating, but ohter DCS aircraft is faster than what they should be by that method.

2 hours ago, Omega One said:

its not showing for me in mission editor

Little clock icon at the bottom bar can make you happy.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

13 hours ago, Alphabet_Ghost said:

AIM-7 LTE problem -- launched at PSTT/PDSTT with ACM cover up , LTE will be 0.7s , but ACM cover should be ignore when WCS have a track .test-1 - AIM-7 3 shoot in pstt with acm cover up(same with pdstt) and 3 shoot with normal pstt or pdstt.trk

Incorrect, having a WCS STT track does not have it "ignore" the ACM switch, it simply switches the NORM/BRSIT switch to NORM instead of BRSIT which it would be in otherwise. The LTE will still be 0.7s due to the ACM cover being up.

2 minutes ago, TheCamper said:

How its works?

Added ability to enter length and heading associated with waypoints on TID.

You set speed and heading using the CAP for the waypoints, the speed becomes the length with 1800kts being 1.5" on the TID.

11 minutes ago, Naquaii said:

You set speed and heading using the CAP for the waypoints, the speed becomes the length with 1800kts being 1.5" on the TID.

Does the line size change as we change the range in the TID?

[DCS: F-5E BRASIL]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just now, TheCamper said:

Does the line size change as we change the range in the TID?

Nope, this is a realistic limitation. This functionality wasn't really supported but rather invented by creative RIOs and isn't even documented in natops afaik. Seems like the ones who used it often tried to make it look good in 200 or 400nm display range on the TID in ground stab mode and only used it there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Naquaii said:

Nope, this is a realistic limitation. This functionality wasn't really supported but rather invented by creative RIOs and isn't even documented in natops afaik. Seems like the ones who used it often tried to make it look good in 200 or 400nm display range on the TID in ground stab mode and only used it there.

Thank you again 🙂

[DCS: F-5E BRASIL]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

12 hours ago, IronMike said:

Uxi, can you please try running a repair? It may be that your file got corrupted during updating for some reason, we just checked the relevant file, and it doesnt show any of the black.

I have the same issue here.

Even through I ran a repair, it is still "half-blacked"

• Like 1

Like others have reported, the engine intake whine noise keeps the same volume/pitch regardless of the RPMs and Canopy position.

The effect is giving a reduction in immersion as it sounds like you are standstill at the parking spot...Please fix it or remove it 🙂

• Like 1

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

Thank you so much for fixing the AOA indexer brightmess!  OMG, I've been waiting forever for that I gave up hope.

I'm now back to trapping well, thanks again!

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

22 hours ago, flybull said:

Hi @IronMikeThanks for a comprehensive update.

Related to:

• Fixed RIO Airspeed indicator bugs not being able to be set.

The pilots ASI bugs still function incorrectly - There is no use in having "settable" bugs if the bugs don't work as they should.  Both bugs keep IMN as opposed toeing able to bug  IAS.  

This has been reported in the past, is there any chance it can be corrected?

Kind regards,

Dave

Yea, this one has been here since launch. My guess is it's one of those where they have to re-write stuff but low on the priority since only nerds like us use it and 

there's still lots to do. 

Edited by RustBelt

22 hours ago, IronMike said:

Uxi, can you please try running a repair? It may be that your file got corrupted during updating for some reason, we just checked the relevant file, and it doesnt show any of the black.

For me the Joly Rogers livery is also messed up since the patch. I did verify the integrity of game files via Steam and it didn't find any issues.

In the picture below the carrier deck also has some weird shading but the color being off on the plane only happens with this skin and didn’t happen at all before the patch.

20210128211600_1.jpg

Edited by lax22

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

9小时前,Naquaii说:

Incorrect, having a WCS STT track does not have it "ignore" the ACM switch, it simply switches the NORM/BRSIT switch to NORM instead of BRSIT which it would be in otherwise. The LTE will still be 0.7s due to the ACM cover being up.

Thanks for pointed out but i have also tried aim-54 and we talked about this befor , it should be use normal PDSTT/PSTT track there's different between -54 and -7 with ACM cover up behavior ? Actually I'm not so sure but i forget about asked you 

Edited by Alphabet_Ghost

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

5 hours ago, lax22 said:

For me the Joly Rogers livery is also messed up since the patch. I did verify the integrity of game files via Steam and it didn't find any issues.

In the picture below the carrier deck also has some weird shading but the color being off on the plane only happens with this skin and didn’t happen at all before the patch.

20210128211600_1.jpg

Thank you, it is likely one of the layers in the dds got corrupted during the upload. @ensamvarg is looking into it already.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

On 1/28/2021 at 7:48 AM, BreaKKer said:

F-14A intake whine that was added stays at the same pitch regardless of RPM, and only comes off in afterburner

It’s a nice touch and a good ambient noise. It reminds me a bit of top gun. But yes it needs to be slightly more subtle going from reheat to mil power. It sounds a bit like a switch. Having said that I’ve never flown an F14 so maybe that’s how it was. But I agree atm the transition sounds a little unnatural 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I've already posted this earlier in the thread but it appears to have been below radar. Is it possible for someone from Heatblur or anyone else in the know-how to expand on these three patch notes? From the notes it's not entirely clear what has changed. (Or at least it's unclear to me) 

• Associate launched TWS AIM-54 with a track rather than object; to disambiguate multiple tracks with the same target object.
  • Internal work on missile API abstraction layer for future API changes.
  • Fixed JESTER staying in TWS-A with inflight missiles but no launched TWS tracks.

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

The last point was a relict from a workaround that prevented a conflict between user commanded az/el settings and TWS auto az/el control. Previously, the Jester radar menu was reduced to exclude radar control as long as one of your PH was in flight (regardless of wether it was actually tracking something). This often lead to a situation where you could not control the radar (e.g. switch modes, change az/el) although you did not have missile in the air that required radar support.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD