[SOLVED] Course Switch Functionality

felixx75

"Updated: Changed Course Knob to Course Switch functionality"

With the update, the course switch functionalty has been improved. Now it works fine, if you use the mouse to turn the switch. If I bind it to a momentarily switch (left / middle / right), it spins around for ever, even after returning the switch to the middle position (spring loaded). It seems, that it does not recognizes the "middle" position as "of" or "stop". 

Just updated to latest and not fixed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

12 minutes ago, Wisky said:

the few degrees is the MagVar. set EHSD to True heading

Surely the system would adjust it's self regaurdless of EHSD setting?  A good question for SME or Documentation.
Thanks for the info.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Here is what im seeing. With CCW and CW bound to my right and left arrow keys . look at the CRS switch. It will barely move and set the course in to an infant rotation. But when selected with the mouse it will stop.  https://youtu.be/_RR4KYaK2-s

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

OK so yes the CRS switch was corrected from an encoder type to a MOM(ON) - OFF - MOM(ON). Holding will bring up the UFC CRS option. But you guys are saying that the keybind sticks the CRS switch into ON and does not recenter on release?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] Course Switch Functionality
3 hours ago, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

you guys are saying that the keybind sticks the CRS switch into ON and does not recenter on release?

Yes.
There should be an "OFF" or "Center" command.  Either mappable on the front end or coded on the back end in the switch.
So the switch should like the Course switch in the F18C.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

+1 what SGT Coyle said.

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [REPORTED] Course Switch Functionality
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys, I have fixed this issue! I tried to assign a 3 position momentary switch to the course selector (like we have in the DCS module) but it would constantly keep rotating the course.

Here is how I fixed it:

In the JOYSTICK DEFAULT.LUA I replaced these 2 lines under the NAVIGATION panel section:

{down = iCommandHSI_CourseRotaryLeft,                                                                name = _('INS COURSE SET CW'),                    category = _('Navigation Control')},
    {down = iCommandHSI_CourseRotaryRight,                                                                 name = _('INS COURSE SET CCW'),                    category = _('Navigation Control')}, 

I replaced the 2 lines above with these 2 :

{down = inst_commands.Knob_Course, down = inst_commands.Knob_Course,    cockpit_device_id = devices.NAV_INS,    value_down =  -0.5, value_up = 0,       name = _('COURSE SELECTOR CCW'),                                        category = _('Navigation Control')},
        {down = inst_commands.Knob_Course, down = inst_commands.Knob_Course,    cockpit_device_id = devices.NAV_INS,    value_down =   0.5, value_up = 0,       name = _('COURSE SELECTOR CW'),                                         category = _('Navigation Control')},

Then in the KEYBOAD default.lua I removed the top 2 lines that say: 

{down = iCommandHSI_CourseRotaryLeft,                                                                name = _('INS COURSE SET CW'),                    category = _('Navigation Control')},
    {down = iCommandHSI_CourseRotaryRight,                                                                 name = _('INS COURSE SET CCW'),                    category = _('Navigation Control')},

and replaced it with this:

{down = inst_commands.Knob_Course,    cockpit_device_id = devices.NAV_INS,    value_down = 0,       name = _('COURSE SELECTOR CENTER'),                                     category = _('Navigation Control')},

Then, I use RS Mapper to assign a keyboard command when I release a momentary switch (position back to center). Mine is L-SHIFT+9 and I assigned that as the command for the COURSE SELECTOR CENTER command under the DCS Control options. 

It may be a roundabout way to get the job done but at least this works and no more constantly rotating course selection.

Edited by Bbow

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

as I am not a friend of external tools, I tried based on Bbows solution and came up with this, so you don't need RS Mapper or a seperate Center command:

{down = inst_commands.Knob_Course, up = inst_commands.Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAV_INS, value_down = -0.5, value_up = 0, name = _('COURSE SELECTOR CCW'), category = _('Navigation Control')},
    {down = inst_commands.Knob_Course, up = inst_commands.Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAV_INS, value_down = 0.5, value_up = 0, name = _('COURSE SELECTOR CW'), category = _('Navigation Control')},

You can replace the iCommandHSI_CourseRotary-commands in both default.lua-files (joystick and keyboard) and bind as you whish.

Edited by Ryback1973
  • Thanks 1

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [SOLVED] Course Switch Functionality