Countermeasures on stick not working

Warhog

I can no longer change counter measures programs using button on stick.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Which version of DCS? Did you update today?

The description of the CMS functionality has been changed in the manual for the new A-10C II; according to today's patchnotes, this change finally made it into the game.

The patchnotes didn't say anything about the old A-10C, but there's certainly a chance that it got the same changes.

Can you download the A-10C II manual and check whether the old A-10C module uses the same functionality as documented in the chapter HOTAS Commands - Stick?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

Which version of DCS? Did you update today?

The description of the CMS functionality has been changed in the manual for the new A-10C II; according to today's patchnotes, this change finally made it into the game.

The patchnotes didn't say anything about the old A-10C, but there's certainly a chance that it got the same changes.

Can you download the A-10C II manual and check whether the old A-10C module uses the same functionality as documented in the chapter HOTAS Commands - Stick?

Is that how it is in real A10C?  Switching programs is now Long command.  And it switches one at a time.  Will take forever to switch even from A to D.  I mapped the rocker switch on CMSP instead but can't imagine how the real pilot can use manual mode with the long command.

It began immediately after the update.  I checked the button mapping and nothing changed but when I try changing to another program it just displays Z and then flips to A. I'll check the A10C II manual but the old A10c should not have changed.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

Well it looks like the change to the new A10C II CMS button has in fact been carried over to the old A10C.  Was this an oversight?  Will the original functionality be restored to the old A10C... hope  so. 

• Like 1

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

John Wall

29 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

Is that how it is in real A10C?

I would assume so. IIRC ED said this was done to reflect on feedback they received from actual pilots.

Personally I think I'll like it a lot better because I'll always have a set of "oh shit!" options available without frantically trying to cycle programs with the RWR beeping obnoxiously, and still have a preset program for expected threats.

16 minutes ago, Warhog said:

Well it looks like the change to the new A10C II CMS button has in fact been carried over to the old A10C.  Was this an oversight?  Will the original functionality be restored to the old A10C

If it's realistic for suite 7 or 8 (roughly our A-10C II), then I assume it was probably also realistic for suite 3 (roughly the old A-10C).

In any case, since I'll be switching between the 2 modules for a while, I'm really glad it looks to be common between both modules. It would drive me crazy to have it one way in the A-10C and another in the A-10C II.

Whether it was an oversight or done on purpose, and if it'll be rolled back - no idea. We'll have to wait for @NineLine, @BIGNEWY or @Wags to chime in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the response Yurgon.  

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

John Wall

On 1/28/2021 at 12:50 AM, Yurgon said:

If it's realistic for suite 7 or 8 (roughly our A-10C II), then I assume it was probably also realistic for suite 3 (roughly the old A-10C).

Whether it was an oversight or done on purpose, and if it'll be rolled back - no idea. We'll have to wait for @NineLine, @BIGNEWY or @Wags to chime in.

I really would love to hear from ED if this change was actually intended for the old A-10C and if that is how the CMS in suite ~3 actually works or if this change got carried through to the old A-10C by mistake. :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 5/17/2021 at 9:52 AM, Razor18 said:

Hi GUys,

any word on this ever since? I just flew the A-10C the other day and found this change myself...

Nope, unfortunately ED remains totally silent on the control changes of the A-10C and the wrong documentation in the manual :sad:

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg