Mission Planning

LooseSeal
Message added by baltic_dragon,

FIXED

First of all, great idea for a campaign and I can't wait to get into it! So, I finished the first mission and I'm now trying to figure out how to set up the first 'real' mission.

But... I'm having some trouble which is more than likely my own ignorance. I want to assign the packages to new tasks, and in the manual it shows a picture of Phoenixes 2, 3, 4 and 5 on the map with blue circles around them and an X. But in my mission planner I don't see those circles? I've attached an image so you see what I mean.

When I click on them I only see a white line extending out to a triangle saying something like "Search then engage in zone SEAD Trimmer", but nothing I can edit and no blue circles.

Also, in the manual it says I should fly to an "RV Point" first - in the mission planner, do I need to put my first waypoint over this RV Point? I'm not completely sure where it is.

**Also! Just some things about the first mission - Phoenix flight doesn't land at the carrier, they go and do another lap of the circuit then just fly around.

When approaching the tanker, it's hard to understand what you're supposed to do. You're told to send your wingman to refuel, but there's no instruction on whether we should use normal comms to contact the tanker or not. And the comms option for the tanker is greyed out, which confuses the situation too.

Screen_210127_211427.png

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Hi, many thanks. 

I am checking out now. You should see the trigger zones, once opening the mission planner but according to your screenshots I don't see them. 

Will come back to you asap.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Ok the issue is reported and I will try for a hotfix. 

Until then:

The AI packages had these roles by default: 

- Fish:        CAP ALPHA

- Hooters:  CAP BRAVO

- Pickles:   CAS

- Trimmer: SEAD

You can add their payload as you like but unfortunately you can't change their role at the moment. 

The rest of the features seems fine. You can proceed and order them accordingly until the fix is out.

Many thanks for your patience.

Greg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lukeni said:

Got the same Problem, Trigger zones not shown. Maybe its an issue with wrong Editor settings clientwise?

It has to do with the campaign's encryption, the issue is reported to ED.

You can change their payload, but their roles are predefined at the moment

This post will update all the time. 

Edited by petritis

23 hours ago, LooseSeal said:

First of all, great idea for a campaign and I can't wait to get into it! So, I finished the first mission and I'm now trying to figure out how to set up the first 'real' mission.

But... I'm having some trouble which is more than likely my own ignorance. I want to assign the packages to new tasks, and in the manual it shows a picture of Phoenixes 2, 3, 4 and 5 on the map with blue circles around them and an X. But in my mission planner I don't see those circles? I've attached an image so you see what I mean.

When I click on them I only see a white line extending out to a triangle saying something like "Search then engage in zone SEAD Trimmer", but nothing I can edit and no blue circles.

Also, in the manual it says I should fly to an "RV Point" first - in the mission planner, do I need to put my first waypoint over this RV Point? I'm not completely sure where it is.

**Also! Just some things about the first mission - Phoenix flight doesn't land at the carrier, they go and do another lap of the circuit then just fly around.

When approaching the tanker, it's hard to understand what you're supposed to do. You're told to send your wingman to refuel, but there's no instruction on whether we should use normal comms to contact the tanker or not. And the comms option for the tanker is greyed out, which confuses the situation too.

Screen_210127_211427.png

Just watched the Spudknocker video on YouTube, which takes you through the first mission and he explains how to set it up and also RV points etc. worth a watch to give you some hands on insight into how to set up

• Like 2

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

16 hours ago, Oilman100 said:

Just watched the Spudknocker video on YouTube, which takes you through the first mission and he explains how to set it up and also RV points etc. worth a watch to give you some hands on insight into how to set up

You mean Redkite's ?

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

2 hours ago, 5e EVC Chappy said:

You mean Redkite's ?

Apologies, yes Redkites, but looking at Devs reply above, the particular feature of re-assigning aircraft mission objectives is broke, but at least the video explains how it should be

• Like 1

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

22 minutes ago, Rooster7755 said:

yea I have the same issue

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.01.30 - 13.09.22.32.png

I also dont have any of those other markers my map is pretty blank

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.01.30 - 13.14.00.75.png

Yes, it's connected to the same issue. However it's playable without this feature.

Please check the documents and maps to see the areas until it's fixed. 

However, as you will soon see here: 

it is recommended that you set your squadron packages to Air to Air roles and SEAD in the beginning. They are already like this by default so no need to change their zone names now.

You can go ahead and change their munitions based on these roles: 

- Fish:        CAP ALPHA

- Hooters:  CAP BRAVO

- Pickles:   CAS

- Trimmer: SEAD

This way you should gain Air superiority and reduce the Air defenses before being able to execute CAS and Strike missions. 

As such we hope to have the fix released before that point 🙂

There are also many other workarounds with payload  (this will be included in the above thread too).

Hope that helps.

Greg

34 minutes ago, petritis said:

Hey please check here regarding the issue you are mentioning and here are a few tips on how to proceed🙂

Thank you for helping, I prefer to wait for the update cause I'm interested in this new kind of campaign, hope to have a fix soon and in the meantime congratulations  for your work which will give us a dynamic campaign which we expect for years, take your time and amaze us, I'm glad to help the development process with my purchase and don't regret my choice 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mari8it said:

Please update your DCS World setup and you will get the new files 🙂

You don't have to restart the campaign if you already progressed. You can just continue as normal. 

The process of selecting tasks are now changed. 

You can select payloads and design your waypoints through the mission planner.

Once inside your cockpit you can select the tasks through the F10 radio menu.

Greg

• Like 1

Just updated and still don't see it.

image.png

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

13 minutes ago, 5e EVC Chappy said:

Just updated and still don't see it.

image.png

Look the message above you, to select zones you have to use the f10 radio option in game.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/260081-mission-planning/?do=findComment&comment=4560147

Yes, seeing the zones was not possible due to the encryptio method, so we had to change the process.

You can follow also the instructions (HELP) in blue letters on the left.

We now believe that's even easier to maintain. 

Please let us know if all works fine for you.

Greg

My bad. Thanks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mporlier said:

I updated and I can't move any waypoints...

Hey, please make sure you have selected your Package (Phoenix 11) and edit/add waypoints before your last one. 

It won't let you add/ edit the last (Landing) waypoint 😉

Greg

I am given targets coordinates that I enter in the following mission as a waypoint and there’s nothing there?

On 2/6/2021 at 3:26 AM, gregzagk said:

Hey, please make sure you have selected your Package (Phoenix 11) and edit/add waypoints before your last one. 

It won't let you add/ edit the last (Landing) waypoint 😉

Greg

I will verify