Ground Units on sea - BUG

emibat

On 1/28/2021 at 10:28 PM, Flappie said:

Hi @emibat. The only vehicles I can place in water are amphibious (M-113, AAV-7, LAV-25, M2A2...), which sounds logical.

Which kind of vehicle are you talking about?

The only problem with this though is it stops you from placing vehicles onto things like amphibious assault ships - like the LST Mk.II (this is actually FFBNW amphibious operations - the bow doors, ramp and elevator are all animated in the mission editor, though vehicles could also be placed up on deck.

Personally, IMO it would be better if you could place any ground vehicle as desired, and then put the responsibility onto the mission editor to not put vehicles that aren't amphibious in the water.

Particularly, if you look on the Channel Map, there's a fortification on the coast near Ambleteuse (Vauban's Fort Mahon/Fort d'Ambleteuse: 50°48'19" N, 001°36'02" E), one thing I would like to do, is place AAA (or regular towed artillery if we ever get them) up on the roof of the castle, behind the battlements, however, I can't do this because DCS treats most of the castle as being water, where these units can't be placed, even if they would end up actually being placed on top of a structure.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.