DCS: F/A-18C Operation Pontus Campaign - Reviews. Is it good?

3 hours ago, gregzagk said:

Hi, this is unfortunately a DCS update that ED is investigating to fix. However the campaign is not broken for you 🙂

Due to the campaign progress code, your progress is not lost. There are 2 temporary solutions until ED provides the fix.

1) Either you can fly again using your new code (this way you will fly with the new status but time and weather will unfortunately be the same)

2)Either you can get inside your current mission, input your new code, takeoff and return to your carrier. This way the end mission works all the time. It's some events that cause this random failure of ending a mission sometimes. Once you exit the mission use the same code you have in the screenshot and not the one that it provided it while landing. This way you can fly the given task in new time and weather conditions too.

hope that helps till the issue is gone.

Greg

Thx, Greg.  I will give that a shot.

• 3 weeks later...

Since there is some interaction in this topic, I'd like to ask some questions as well.

I like the concept of this campaign very much. It's a neat idea. However, I find myself wondering if I've broken something.

I have now flown about ten missions, and other than the progress code changing, it's hard to tell what is actually changing mission to mission.

For example, the same two MiG-29s spawn in each mission, but because the friendly AI packages start in the air, they shoot them down before I get there, regardless of the roll I choose for them, and myself.

Secondly, the air defenses seem non-existant. The Intel warns me about them, and recommends I fly SEAD, but almost every mission has nothing but SHORAD. I've encountered a total of two SA-6 in ten missions, and that's it. 

Because major air defence seems insignificant, I'm left to fulfill strike and CAS. The CAS location has changed as the campaign progresses, but it's essentially the same thing. A few groups of vehicles sitting still in a particular location, not engaging any blue forces. For at least seven of my missions, I have loaded up on GBU-12's, bombed the strike location, and then plinked tanks from A120.

So is something not correct here? All my missions are a success, and I get a new code each time, but the world almost seems frozen. Did I break it somehow?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Specter1075 said:

Since there is some interaction in this topic, I'd like to ask some questions as well.

I like the concept of this campaign very much. It's a neat idea. However, I find myself wondering if I've broken something.

I have now flown about ten missions, and other than the progress code changing, it's hard to tell what is actually changing mission to mission.

For example, the same two MiG-29s spawn in each mission, but because the friendly AI packages start in the air, they shoot them down before I get there, regardless of the roll I choose for them, and myself.

Secondly, the air defenses seem non-existant. The Intel warns me about them, and recommends I fly SEAD, but almost every mission has nothing but SHORAD. I've encountered a total of two SA-6 in ten missions, and that's it. 

Because major air defence seems insignificant, I'm left to fulfill strike and CAS. The CAS location has changed as the campaign progresses, but it's essentially the same thing. A few groups of vehicles sitting still in a particular location, not engaging any blue forces. For at least seven of my missions, I have loaded up on GBU-12's, bombed the strike location, and then plinked tanks from A120.

So is something not correct here? All my missions are a success, and I get a new code each time, but the world almost seems frozen. Did I break it somehow?

I quite agree with you, the missions aren't bad but they seem really repetitive after some time. 

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

• 1 year later...

I just bought the campaign a few days ago and flown the introduction mission and mission 1, and I have to say, with all these screenshot interactions and AWACS code tables, that is not very VR friendly, to be honest. But that's something I can deal with.

I'm trying to fly Stage 2 mission, but I basically do nothing. I can't find any AA site to destroy myself, and if I fly over to the Strike location, which in this case is a bridge with 3 armored vehicles, I get yelled at by JTAC that I don't have authorization and I have go away, even though I tried to contact them.

What am I expected to do? Just circle around WP1 and let my team do all the work and then go back to the carrier?

On 7/13/2022 at 11:47 AM, Assamita said:

I just bought the campaign a few days ago and flown the introduction mission and mission 1, and I have to say, with all these screenshot interactions and AWACS code tables, that is not very VR friendly, to be honest. But that's something I can deal with.

I'm trying to fly Stage 2 mission, but I basically do nothing. I can't find any AA site to destroy myself, and if I fly over to the Strike location, which in this case is a bridge with 3 armored vehicles, I get yelled at by JTAC that I don't have authorization and I have go away, even though I tried to contact them.

What am I expected to do? Just circle around WP1 and let my team do all the work and then go back to the carrier?

Hey Assamit. Every mission has a different strike target which is not related with JTAC. JTAC gives you different strike tasks. I believe that the reason that the JTAC yells 🙂 is because you are not following their excact instructions. Happens to me also all the time 😂.

The main goal is to assign different tasks to your squad and its is up to you whether you are willing to join them into the fight, or head to the Strike location. Also keep in mind that you have to use them wisely, ex. The strike area should cleared for any SAM threats. 

Feel me to contact me anytime if you have any more questions. 

Kind Regards Petritis

• Like 1

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

• 9 months later...

This is a great campaign, I have been thoroughly enjoying it. I like how the campaign progresses according to your performance in previous missions. Blue recently recaptured the first AO and now I'm helping them advance on the 2nd one. Cheers to the Operation Pontus team for an exceptional DLC campaign! 👍

• Like 2

• 10 months later...