Help : Auto radio menu keeps appearing after latest open beta patch

Jon Fenton

Request for help please from someone more knowledgeable than I!

Everything working fine in game for me before latest patch.  I use Warthog and Viacom ant the PTT switch worked fine enabling me to call the radio menu up only when requested via an "options" command.

However now, irrespective of module flown, the radio menu appears evry time i press the ptt switch, or, it seems, every time it hears a noise in the mike?!

This is annoying as I fly VR and it brings up the associated dot pointer for the cursor which needs to be deselected etc.  I also notice an "Auto" caption above the radio menu that I seem to think was not there before?

It is obviously a setting somewhere that has changed either in DCS or Viacom but I have no idea what.  Can someone shed any light?

Thanks!

Try removing the Export.lua in the Saved Games scripts folder and then restarting VA and then DCS. If this doesn't work try setting the custom path in the Vaicom Config

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

3 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

Try removing the Export.lua in the Saved Games scripts folder and then restarting VA and then DCS. If this doesn't work try setting the custom path in the Vaicom Config

Thank you! Resetting the custom path in the Viacom config seems to have fixed it.

Fwiw, simply restarting Voice Attack solved it for me (I had the exact same issue)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH